Toolset, ERF's, and Equipment

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Wra1thstouch
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: Your bed.

Toolset, ERF's, and Equipment

Unread post by Wra1thstouch »

So, in NWN1, I was fairly good with the toolset. I can't script, but I can build areas and do various equipment creation and tweaking. In NWN2, the toolset is quite a bit different. I was considering making some new appearances for mithral, darksteel, silver, and cold iron arms & armor.

I couple of questions I have after browsing the toolset:

1. Is it possible to export items into an ERF file? And would that be the preferable way in which you -- the Devs -- would like them to be given to you?

2. Would my work be redundant? i.e. Do you already have someone that does this and loves doing it?

I have no formal training and am 100% self-taught, so please try to use layman's terms for me to better understand.

Thanks!
Lolotte Ironfaar
Moshannyn
Vorrus
Carroc Cloventoe
Oriax Fellflame

"I could stand around a camp fire and call it RPing..." -Mammothtruk
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Toolset, ERF's, and Equipment

Unread post by mar3usmc »

1. Yes, you can export items into an ERF file. Would it be the preferred way, hmmm sometimes yes sometimes no. I let builders know how I want the file delivered to me so I can look it over. A module is nice such that I don't have to worry about over-writing things in one of my working modules, and I can always set it up as an ERF myself. Soooo, I guess for me a module is what I tend to prefer.

2. No, but we do have Kronk doing NPCs for us already. We really need more developers, especially in area building. Thing is, it is rare to find someone with enough know how and the time and desire to put out a finished product.

If you are interested in helping in anyway let myself or Luna know and what exactly you would like to do.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Toolset, ERF's, and Equipment

Unread post by Luna »

Nobody is working on new armor appearances right now.
So if you had interest, let us know.
Wra1thstouch
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:21 pm
Location: Your bed.

Re: Toolset, ERF's, and Equipment

Unread post by Wra1thstouch »

Yes, I am interested in making some armors. I'm not sure about building areas -- it will take some time before I learn the toolset better.

What's needed? Where do you want me to start?
Lolotte Ironfaar
Moshannyn
Vorrus
Carroc Cloventoe
Oriax Fellflame

"I could stand around a camp fire and call it RPing..." -Mammothtruk
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Toolset, ERF's, and Equipment

Unread post by mar3usmc »

Missed this post, sorry for the long response time. Are you by chance still interested in helping out. Luna, do you need him anywhere?
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”