Old PW player coming back with a few questions.

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

oyclo
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Old PW player coming back with a few questions.

Unread post by oyclo »

I played a NWN2 roleplaying persistent world a few years ago and want to get back into it. I've discovered I've forgotten just about everything build and class related being I'm 'old school' D&D and 3.5 is a completely different game.

But there were a few things I had questions with with this pw and any help would be appreciated. Its never fun to figure out your build can't work on a server at level 9.

I normally play a sorcerer or wizard with HipS. This isn't a powerbuild but a RP build, and will be even moreso on this server with the 19 dex requirement.

So beyond the 19 dex, are their limits to HiPS, or a lot of items which negates this? Also I don't recall if truesight were bugged to show hidden or not with NWN2.

Another bug with NWN2 when I played was that sorcerers couldn't 'unlearn' a spell with level on the PW's at the time. It meant that you had to pick the spells you would want at level 20 at level 1 which was very limiting as a sorcerer.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Old PW player coming back with a few questions.

Unread post by Luna »

For HIPs, if you open a chest, it will pull you out of stealth.
You will be able to go back into stealth 6 seconds later.

Monsters have variable spot and listen.

So with HIPS/Stealth you will not have free reign to walk where ever you want to go without being detected.
At some point a monster will detect you.


I'm not sure about the Sorc thing.
We actually managed to de-level a player and he was able to pick a new sorcerer spell which never used to work.
Maybe someone who has played a Sorcerer recently can comment on the spell swap.
I'm fairly sure it works ok though.
Avara
Posts: 55
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:49 am

Re: Old PW player coming back with a few questions.

Unread post by Avara »

Sorcs can switch spells, but...
  • not on each level
  • When you can switch a spell only of a certain circle
  • And no more than one spell per lvl max
Also after level 20 of sorcerer you will not be able to switch any more spells.

So if you plan to switch spells, it might be a good idea to download some module like Heroes Creator and just level a sorcerer up and write down, on which levels you can actually switch spells. That way you can plan a bit better, but do not have to pick the final spells right away.

Return to “Questions for DMs”