Server 1 and Server 2?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Considerate_
Posts: 630
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 5:51 am

Server 1 and Server 2?

Unread post by Considerate_ »

Having returned from a break, I've tried as best I could to read up on the forum on what's transpired in my absence. I am however rather curious as to a term I've run across several times but been unable to find any solid clarification on. "Server 1 and Server 2"

As far as I've guessed from other players posts, Server 1 is mostly for the surface players and Server 2 is mostly for the Underdark players. Yet when I logged on to BG yesterday, I only found one server on the gamespy client thingy, with the same old name as usual.

So, what is Server 1 and Server 2? and how do you swap between them?
Tamara - "I've seen colours you would never dream of"
Neschera - "Logic can bring you from one step to the next, creativity can bring you from anywhere to everywhere"
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Server 1 and Server 2?

Unread post by Luna »

Server 1 and 2 run the same persistent world. Same Area's, same everything.

Server 2 is the same IP as server one but the port 5122.
It should be in game spy.
Its always there when I look.

I don't want to speak for who or what groups play where on any given day.

Return to “Questions for DMs”