Logging to avoid death

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Karond
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Sweden

Logging to avoid death

Unread post by Karond »

I just have to ask this question, is it legal or not here?


I see noone mentioning it, yet in most other servers I've played its usually a bannable offense. I grow sick and tired of people logging to avoid death, it happens all the time around me and it sucks the more for the few of us that actually stay and fight against odds for a sizeable cost in consumables.

I tried to talk to some of the older players here (1 year at least) about it, and they didnt know. I did however got a response that was: "If it is bannable, they did need to ban 75% server, thats how often I see it. Everyone does it".

Worrying? Yes. If it is illegal. So...is it?

Regards,

// Karond
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Logging to avoid death

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

I consider it a form of metagaming. Normally when someone logs to avoid death, they log back in to find about forty dragons.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Karond
Posts: 2221
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Logging to avoid death

Unread post by Karond »

Log back? Almost no player logging death logs back on within a minute in waiting arms of what was going to kill them. At the earliest, you wait 10 minutes to make sure the area is despawned. Usually though, you quit playing for a few hours or you just log in another character.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Logging to avoid death

Unread post by Luna »

It would be breaking rule 7. It's using an exploit.
7. Any exploits that are seen being used by players will be accompanied by consequences such as lost XP/levels and/or possible booting or banning. Chances are if it seems like an exploit it probably is.
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Logging to avoid death

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

I'll double the dragons, then.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."

Return to “Questions for DMs”