Empty Buildings
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Candide
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:00 pm
Empty Buildings
Why are many of the buildings (baldur's gate comes to mind mainly) empty and used for nothing? Some are really beautiful in side. Am I missing the point of them? If not is there anythign they could be used for?
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Empty Buildings
I would guess because a long long time ago it used to be crash central in baldurs gate so nobody wanted to do stuff in the city.
I think thats all been cleaned up since though (the crashing issue's).
I think thats all been cleaned up since though (the crashing issue's).
-
Hydrocarbonated
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm
Re: Empty Buildings
That's my theory, as well. Baldur's Gate the city used to be crash hell. People would rush as hard as they could to get out, then never come back 
All that has been fixed, however, so another theory comes into play:
Traffic drives RP.
Seems a bit weird at first, but a lot of people like to be in a place where newcomers can wander by and say hello. That's unlikely at best if you're in a tavern, no matter how nice - people aren't used to going there to look for RP.
Could this be changed? Only by the players themselves. If you want to use some of the interior areas more heavily, feel free to suggest to your party that you go to the tavern for drinks, or have a celebration in an inn. People have used them to good effect in the past, and will likely continue to do so, at least on a limited basis.
All that has been fixed, however, so another theory comes into play:
Traffic drives RP.
Seems a bit weird at first, but a lot of people like to be in a place where newcomers can wander by and say hello. That's unlikely at best if you're in a tavern, no matter how nice - people aren't used to going there to look for RP.
Could this be changed? Only by the players themselves. If you want to use some of the interior areas more heavily, feel free to suggest to your party that you go to the tavern for drinks, or have a celebration in an inn. People have used them to good effect in the past, and will likely continue to do so, at least on a limited basis.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
-
Candide
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:00 pm
Re: Empty Buildings
Well I wa unaware that it used to cause alot of crashes, that explains alot.
The only indoor place I find people RPing is the Friendly Arm Inn which I guess is because it is a place alot of people pass right by.
The only indoor place I find people RPing is the Friendly Arm Inn which I guess is because it is a place alot of people pass right by.