Oh.. and I know... decorating walls is noooo fun.
Illithid Mines Progress Report
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Your very welcome Mammoth, and we do appreciate your help with the quests and areas. Looking forward to seeing what you have done.
Oh.. and I know... decorating walls is noooo fun.
Oh.. and I know... decorating walls is noooo fun.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
Mammothtruk
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm
- Location: US MFing A
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Alright the map is 100% roughed in. 90% walled. 85% textured. 50% placeables(other than walls). 75% lighting. and 0% sounds.
Im going to bake it up here and send it over to the staff for the walk around and see what they think. Other than sound placement witch was non-existent in the current map I think Im happy with where it is at and wouldnt be opposed to having Mar3 do the finishing work if he feels like it. As long as my bridge stays put that is
I spent a GOOD deal of time putting it together and getting it where I wanted it. Im still of the opinion it looks cool.
Hopefully everything will go smoothly and quickly. I would like to see what the player base thinks of the finished product within a week or two.
Im going to bake it up here and send it over to the staff for the walk around and see what they think. Other than sound placement witch was non-existent in the current map I think Im happy with where it is at and wouldnt be opposed to having Mar3 do the finishing work if he feels like it. As long as my bridge stays put that is
Hopefully everything will go smoothly and quickly. I would like to see what the player base thinks of the finished product within a week or two.
You all RP wrong and I RP right. If you arent me your failing.
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
-
Mammothtruk
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm
- Location: US MFing A
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
had a minor issue with the walkmesh being I could walk through some of the wall stuff, but its now fixed and Im packing it up for the staff. Will have it uploaded in about an hour for reviewing pleasures.
Mar3 if when you read this you could check PMs and then throw an IM with how you want to proceed that would be great.
Mar3 if when you read this you could check PMs and then throw an IM with how you want to proceed that would be great.
You all RP wrong and I RP right. If you arent me your failing.
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
-
Meldor
- Posts: 25
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 9:36 pm
- Location: Québec
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Can't wait to see it Mammoth
Good job
Good job
-
Mammothtruk
- Posts: 95
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 pm
- Location: US MFing A
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
A quick swing back to map 1 today to fix a walkmesh problem and check out something Mar3 setup some weeks back.
Ended up fixing two issues with the walkmesh and going ahead with Mar3's prefab for the lighting and crystals. I dont really like the placeable used for the two lighting spots, but what you going to do right? Limited by what we have in the toolset at the moment. I did however really like the crystal formation/seeds he came up with and redid and added to the first one and created a second one elsewhere on the map. Added a rotating(lerping) light, glowing effects, and a bit of colored fog. Oh memories of C&C... anyways there are some other things I want to do to map 1 before I call it complete and then Mar3 can tell me how terrible I did
Seriously Im not feeling like Im bring areas alive... I feel like Im just adding clutter.
Anyways tomorrow if everything goes as planned map 3.1 will begin and it going to take some time since Ill be using the BKII construction set for the buildings and there will be lots and lots and lots and lots of stuff going on in the map. Then after that Im going to strip down and rebuild map 3.2 and do something cool if I can make it all work out.
Watch the next few server updates for updated map 2 if Mar3 brings it to life with a quickness. And fully expect to see a new UD quest in a few updates.
Ended up fixing two issues with the walkmesh and going ahead with Mar3's prefab for the lighting and crystals. I dont really like the placeable used for the two lighting spots, but what you going to do right? Limited by what we have in the toolset at the moment. I did however really like the crystal formation/seeds he came up with and redid and added to the first one and created a second one elsewhere on the map. Added a rotating(lerping) light, glowing effects, and a bit of colored fog. Oh memories of C&C... anyways there are some other things I want to do to map 1 before I call it complete and then Mar3 can tell me how terrible I did
Anyways tomorrow if everything goes as planned map 3.1 will begin and it going to take some time since Ill be using the BKII construction set for the buildings and there will be lots and lots and lots and lots of stuff going on in the map. Then after that Im going to strip down and rebuild map 3.2 and do something cool if I can make it all work out.
Watch the next few server updates for updated map 2 if Mar3 brings it to life with a quickness. And fully expect to see a new UD quest in a few updates.
You all RP wrong and I RP right. If you arent me your failing.
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
The immunity keeps them from ever getting knocked down. - muffinFBSL
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
TickledToDeath
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:34 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Wow, Manny, those crystals... just wow. Can't wait to see them in game.
Thanks to all of you dev'ers for making the server be alive and interactive.
Thanks to all of you dev'ers for making the server be alive and interactive.
The one and only: Duneth Despana - UD
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=206946#p206946
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78 -Knowledge is free
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=206946#p206946
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78 -Knowledge is free
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Here is a little update on the same area. Did some of this while DMing part time.





Still a great deal left to be done but I think that in this section of the area the crystal formations are done. Still trying to come up with a texture mix that I can color that will make a wall look crystalline. Cobblestone 47 mixed in with some rock textures looks pretty decent. Any other idea are also welcomed.





Still a great deal left to be done but I think that in this section of the area the crystal formations are done. Still trying to come up with a texture mix that I can color that will make a wall look crystalline. Cobblestone 47 mixed in with some rock textures looks pretty decent. Any other idea are also welcomed.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Something to give you an idea as to how I build an area with placeables.
This is what I call a placeable palette, like a painter's palette. I put out all the possible placeables I may use in an extra disposable area. They copy and paste from there as I need objects.
There are well over 100, perhaps 200, placeables in these pics, and that is not quite everything either.


This is what I call a placeable palette, like a painter's palette. I put out all the possible placeables I may use in an extra disposable area. They copy and paste from there as I need objects.
There are well over 100, perhaps 200, placeables in these pics, and that is not quite everything either.


I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Your an animal!mar3usmc wrote:There are well over 100, perhaps 200, placeables in these pics, and that is not quite everything either.
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Finally getting back to work on this area series. Here is a bit of what I did over the last couple of days in addition to the previous pics. Oh, and unfortunately the pictures are all pinched in a little. So things seem a little taller than they are. Also, I turn the sun on and off in the pics. That light will be off when played ingame. Oh and one more thing, all those little crystal looking white dots are just the lights and you can't see them in the actual game. I was lazy and forgot to hide them before taking the pics. Enjoy.
























I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
Laenor
- Posts: 189
- Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:43 am
- Location: Paris, France
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Sexy ! 
Bragon Stonebender of the Ironfaars - Bodyguard
Donovan Felwithe - Arcanist Extraordinaire
Mordec Ravenblade - Plunderin' midget
Donovan Felwithe - Arcanist Extraordinaire
Mordec Ravenblade - Plunderin' midget
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
As the area develops, horrifically wonderful thoughts enter the builders mind "Mwhahahha HAHAHAHHAaaa"
I am getting some... GREAT .. ideas, ... but you will have to wait to find out hehehe.
I am getting some... GREAT .. ideas, ... but you will have to wait to find out hehehe.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
TickledToDeath
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:34 am
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Once again: Wow!
But what I was posting for was this: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=202
If the server doesn't already have them, I'm sure there's no better place for them, than the area you're dev'ing.
Keep up the wonderful stuff for us all to be amazed at ^^.
But what I was posting for was this: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=202
If the server doesn't already have them, I'm sure there's no better place for them, than the area you're dev'ing.
Keep up the wonderful stuff for us all to be amazed at ^^.
The one and only: Duneth Despana - UD
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=206946#p206946
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78 -Knowledge is free
http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=206946#p206946
http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=78 -Knowledge is free
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Illithid Mines Progress Report
Any news on this by any chance? Some UD players are quite curious 
