Bows & Arrows

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Hogmanay Melchett
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 am

Bows & Arrows

Unread post by Hogmanay Melchett »

Hi there

Could someone please explain how various bows, arrows and archery Feats/classes stack? We have bows with +Attack Bonuses, +Enchantment Bonuses, +1 Arrows, plusses gained via being an Arcane Archer & Elemental Archer. Do these all stack (I suspect not)? In particular could you please explain whether the two different bonues attached to magic bows stacks with magic arrows?

Cheers

HM
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Bows & Arrows

Unread post by Luna »

Noo, now I'm drawing a blank.

I know enchant arrow damage stacks with a bow that has attack bonus.

I can't remember if it does using a bow with an enchant bonus cause I'm blanking out here on this one.
Hydro or others here know. Hopefully someone will answer.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Bows & Arrows

Unread post by Luna »

HM, I merged your other post into this one so it's all in one place.
Could someone please explain the ins and outs of Archery and what stacks with what? Please include the difference between bows with an AB vs. those with an EB, magic arrows, Arcane Archers, Elemental Archers and anything else I have missed.

Cheers

HM
Hydrocarbonated
Posts: 1870
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Re: Bows & Arrows

Unread post by Hydrocarbonated »

Enhancement on a bow is the same as a physical damage bonus on an arrow. So a +4 enhancement bow would produce the same damage with plain arrows or arrows with any enhancement below +5. Conversely, you could use elemental arrows and they would effectively be +4, +1d4 damage arrows.

Arcane Archer bonuses stack, as do Elemental Archer. Basically everything stacks except for the item bonuses which work as described above.
Arivain - A man of guts and bravery, after all.
Ward Williamson - "(expletive) insane."
Hogmanay Melchett
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Bows & Arrows

Unread post by Hogmanay Melchett »

Thank you very much. :)

Return to “Questions for DMs”