Bug with conditional AC bonus from boots.

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

PxcL
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Bug with conditional AC bonus from boots.

Unread post by PxcL »

This is regarding the same topic called "Issue with Dex to AC" (or something).

I believe I found the solution. It seems that I have a pair of boots called "The Bronze Outrageous Boots" that gives the wearer +1 AC vs. slashing (AC Dodge Modifier). It seems that the AC bonus is given ONLY when loading into the server but never when one actually equips the boots in game. What happens is that when the boots are removed the AC is lowered by 1 (matching the bonus one should have received upon equipping) and the AC continues to drop for every time one reequips and removes them again. I tested this out, and eventually got negative AC.

This is obviously a bug. Does anyone know the reason for this?
Characters:
- Rigel Callahan
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Bug with conditional AC bonus from boots.

Unread post by Luna »

It's a game engine bug I think.
We stopped the loot generator from making those kinds of boots in the last update.
You'd probably better off selling yours to.

Return to “Questions for DMs”