Does Platinum have a toolset?
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
FairVigil
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 pm
- Location: Fortress of Solitude
-
mute83
- Posts: 705
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:20 pm
- Location: in my cave (denmark)
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
ehm, when i click the icon to go into the game, a "list" of options to click on appears. The first one being "play" second "tool set" etc etc last one "exit"
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."
-
FairVigil
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 pm
- Location: Fortress of Solitude
-
devildog30
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:35 pm
- Location: In a bungalow on the outskirts of jerkville
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
I just downloaded the Platinum edition off of Steam and can't seem to find the Toolset either.
Clicking the icon only takes me into the game.
Clicking the icon only takes me into the game.
Sir Justin Crownsilver: "I am a Crownsilver, however least regarded of those who bear that proud name."
-
FairVigil
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 pm
- Location: Fortress of Solitude
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
Noone knows devildog. noonedevildog30 wrote:I just downloaded the Platinum edition off of Steam and can't seem to find the Toolset either.
Clicking the icon only takes me into the game.
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
If you have bought NWN2 from steam the toolset, if provided, should be found in the tools section of your library. At the top of your library next to "search" you should see another label that says one of many things, by default "All Games". Click on that and it should drop down a list. If the toolset was provided you should find it under tools then I believe.
However, if that is not the case you may need to go into your "common" steam directory and start searching in your NWN2 folder for it.
I do not own NWN2 from steam so I can't say for sure if any of these are the case, but I mod other games I have on steam and the tools tend to be in the tool section.
However, if that is not the case you may need to go into your "common" steam directory and start searching in your NWN2 folder for it.
I do not own NWN2 from steam so I can't say for sure if any of these are the case, but I mod other games I have on steam and the tools tend to be in the tool section.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
FairVigil
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 pm
- Location: Fortress of Solitude
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
Thanks for the timely reply. Unfortunately there doesnt seem to be one included in my version of the steam platinum purchase.
The tools section has a bunch on "not installed" items, no nwn2 toolset. A search thru my steamapps/common/nwn2 folder renders three files listed nwn2toolset, nwn2toolset_xp1 and xp2. These are just the textures and stuff used in the game tho. nothing to load a toolset w/. I did email steam ages ago about it and got a confirmation mail back but nothing since.
i bought it for 19 beans and its now 9 beans tho so expect many more people.
If anyone knows anything more or learns more about this please post.
The tools section has a bunch on "not installed" items, no nwn2 toolset. A search thru my steamapps/common/nwn2 folder renders three files listed nwn2toolset, nwn2toolset_xp1 and xp2. These are just the textures and stuff used in the game tho. nothing to load a toolset w/. I did email steam ages ago about it and got a confirmation mail back but nothing since.
i bought it for 19 beans and its now 9 beans tho so expect many more people.
If anyone knows anything more or learns more about this please post.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
Have you posted anything about it on the bioware forums? You'd get your best results there. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/158/index
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
BlueHero45
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1208
- Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 am
- Location: PA
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
Rhys Feivra-Sun elf, wizard
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
-
FairVigil
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:59 pm
- Location: Fortress of Solitude
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
naw, i was using the atari,bioware forum. this is new to me. thanks for posting the link.IAmDeathComeForThee wrote:Have you posted anything about it on the bioware forums? You'd get your best results there. http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/category/158/index
Ill scrounge thru this database for a bit and see what they say about ftp server time outs as well. This looks much more current then the vault and stuff ive been using.
-
Sagerk
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:49 pm
- Location: BC, Canada
Re: Does Platinum have a toolset?
The toolset does come with the steam version, however it is not installed by default.
To install it:
1 open steam
2 go to library
3 change dropdown (top left I think) from all games to tools
4 find neverwinter nights 2 - map editor in the list
5 install
good to go
To install it:
1 open steam
2 go to library
3 change dropdown (top left I think) from all games to tools
4 find neverwinter nights 2 - map editor in the list
5 install
good to go
Tiril Sagerk - Wandering Monk of many skills...