Gnoll Stronghold
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
Thoril
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:48 pm
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Well, if someone could direct me to some page information of what formats of textures and what kind of exporting I would have to do from maya to get it into NWN2 I could custom model pretty much everything once I go on vacation 
Nathaynedril Sshamath - Drow Warrior
Thorek - Dwarf crossbowman
Thorek - Dwarf crossbowman
-
azenith
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:18 am
- Location: Quebec, first city of the new world, capital of culture (supposedly)
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
In the tilesets used by BGTSCC at the moment there are actualy great tilesets for huge, high castle walls. Take Citadel tileset, for exemple. It's a pure wonder !
Underdark Terraformer
-
Sir_Carnifex
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm
- Location: Lurking and Watching with Intent to Smite
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Well I'd have to take a look. But we definitely need the rope suspension bridge and the cliff walls!
Those things you posted look like they may be able work, though I'm sure I'd have to play around with it to see. Anyway, I'm off on vacation until July so I won't be able to tinker with it until then.
Those things you posted look like they may be able work, though I'm sure I'd have to play around with it to see. Anyway, I'm off on vacation until July so I won't be able to tinker with it until then.
Retired Dungeon Master and Developer
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Sounds like a plan.
After you come back refreshed from vacation.. you can contemplate doing this.
We have all those HAKs I mentioned so you don't have to add much if anything at all.
We added Cliff walls to Beta9.. so that is there as well.
Link here ->
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=418
A suspension bridge can be picked up from the RWS bridges HAK.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=205
After you come back refreshed from vacation.. you can contemplate doing this.
We have all those HAKs I mentioned so you don't have to add much if anything at all.
We added Cliff walls to Beta9.. so that is there as well.
Link here ->
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=418
A suspension bridge can be picked up from the RWS bridges HAK.
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... ail&id=205
-
Sir_Carnifex
- Posts: 469
- Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:02 pm
- Location: Lurking and Watching with Intent to Smite
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Excellent! Of course, this means it'll slow my progress on the UD areas.... but that's already slow due to...um...lack of interest. 
Retired Dungeon Master and Developer
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Any luck? (Still interested I mean???)
[Edit:] Oops didn't notice the retirement notice!
[Edit:] Oops didn't notice the retirement notice!
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
I think SirC got a little burnt out on this one since it was a rather difficult area so it was never finished.
He did the bridge outside BG which took some time to get all the walk mesh working and what not.
And then tried to tackle that gnoll area.
He did the bridge outside BG which took some time to get all the walk mesh working and what not.
And then tried to tackle that gnoll area.
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
That bridge is beautiful, I can imagine it took a long while to get working properly.
Are there any files of the unfinished area?
Are there any files of the unfinished area?
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
I'm not sure. SirC never posted any of his initial work on the area.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Dang, I was gonna say I'd like to finish this up if he happened to post an unfinished file of something. This would still be a neat little area to have. Maybe I could tackle it from start after this current project is wrapped up.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
I sent him a message Death. He comes by the forums once in a while.
I'll see if he has any work.
I'll see if he has any work.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Cool that would be sweet
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
tfunke
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
- Location: Australia- GMT+10
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
You know what, we could be waiting indefinately for a response. I'd be very keen to get this started and perhaps when Death has finished Ulgoths, he can come and help me finish it off? I think Knightmare seemed keen to, so maybe he'll help as well? (the place would need interiors)
But i'd love the challenge of trying to make that picture at the beginning of this post.
this one:

Also, (i think death) mentioned having the area be south of Highhedge maze, which I think sounds like a good idea. Simply because, if you are not a caster there's no real reason to ever go to high hedge at the moment. Am i wrong?
ps- does anyone have closeup screenshots of the area? I can't make out what those circle things are ontop of the Gnoll Stronghold.. are they stairs?
But i'd love the challenge of trying to make that picture at the beginning of this post.
this one:

Also, (i think death) mentioned having the area be south of Highhedge maze, which I think sounds like a good idea. Simply because, if you are not a caster there's no real reason to ever go to high hedge at the moment. Am i wrong?
ps- does anyone have closeup screenshots of the area? I can't make out what those circle things are ontop of the Gnoll Stronghold.. are they stairs?
Per aspera ad astra
-
dzidek1983
- Posts: 1248
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 am
- Location: Poland
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
they are slave pits... Dynaheir was held prisoner in one of those....
each has stairs you can go down to the pit...
originaly the castle had no interiors
but the rocky path below has led to several one area caves with trasures guarded by gnoll clans and other monsters
the keep itself was just a grind place
oh the bridge was guarded by two "named" gnolls i think.. one carried nice boots or was it bracers?
each has stairs you can go down to the pit...
originaly the castle had no interiors
but the rocky path below has led to several one area caves with trasures guarded by gnoll clans and other monsters
the keep itself was just a grind place
oh the bridge was guarded by two "named" gnolls i think.. one carried nice boots or was it bracers?
Hey, I just lost it, And this is crazy, But here's my login, So PM me, maybe?
-
tfunke
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
- Location: Australia- GMT+10
Re: Gnoll Stronghold
Slave pits ay? Ah cool.
This has the location points noted:
http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/maps/gn ... ghold.html
and the area seems to be south-west of Xvart.. there's also a 'Xvart Cave' down the bottom left?...
EDIT: More info here- http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/ ... nghold.php
and this!! God it brings back memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJFRKDgGhbk
This has the location points noted:
http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate/maps/gn ... ghold.html
and the area seems to be south-west of Xvart.. there's also a 'Xvart Cave' down the bottom left?...
EDIT: More info here- http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgate/ ... nghold.php
and this!! God it brings back memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJFRKDgGhbk
Last edited by tfunke on Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Per aspera ad astra