A situation was played out a couple days ago regarding my character Mauglir who had a couple of disguises in place. Now, Mauglir is no "master" of disguise. However, PnP druids have the ability called "A Thousand Faces" which is a druids ability to "actually" alter their physical appearance as the disguise spell, but with no illusory effects. The change is a true physical alteration. A second form of disguise are mundane disguises such as changing clothes, makeup, hairstyle and color changes, etc.
The DM involved did what he thought was right, and likely about the only thing that could have happened given the current in-game skill sets and other limitations of the game. I have no issues with his decisions made at that time. He did a good job DM'ing the situation.
All I really want to know, for future reference, is this the way it should be played out in the future?
Mauglir was walking around (RP'ing the Thousand Faces to look like someone else) and had a complete change of clothing, cloak, boots, etc to look entirely different from his normal self. I even went to the barber shop and purchased a nice wig to make him actually look different. Mauglir has silvery white LONG hair (white for the game), but this time he was walking around with short RED hair. Totally different.
As I walked around, the gasps, double-takes and overall "metagaming" because "Mauglir" was over my head with a mouse over, was interesting. Eventually, Mauglir was approached by another character who decided to challenge me. Now part of me did this just to see what would happen... so I'm not upset at all by the outcome, which by the way, I did get away. Barely.
I understand that True Seeing can see through a lot of things, but true physical changes are true physical changes, and mundane disguises are mundane and cannot be determined by True Seeing.
We don't have a Disguise skill to build up. So, I was told to roll a bluff check vs the characters Spot check. Well, I was "killed" in that check because I have no Bluff at all, vs highly built up Spot.
So, is this how it will continue to be done? And how about True Seeing vs Thousand Faces ability of a Druid? Does it see through it?
Thanks! I just want to get clarification so i can do more crazy public stunts with uber-evil villains.