PvP Questions

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Eldebryn
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Realms

PvP Questions

Unread post by Eldebryn »

I have 2 questions regarding PvP:

1) If a character has openly expressed the desire to kill/assasinate your own, while you were absent yet know of that fact, is that considered PvP provocation, and if yes to what extent.

2) The rules state that the initiator to a PvP must always offer an "RP-out". Could you elaborate on what that means? Would, for instance, having someone chose between fighting and obeying an order or complying to a general directive fullfill that requirement?

Examples would be nice for clarity in both questions. Thanks in advance.
//Local Time = GMT+2
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
Simian
Posts: 1439
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
Location: On a Journey to the West

Re: PvP Questions

Unread post by Simian »

The question: "What if?" - makes your question rather difficult to answer.

But as for PvP, question number 2:
As a Fist, there have been few occasions when some druids and rangers have attempted to bring bears into the city. I have given them three options: 1) Supply the Fist with an additional bear pelt for the winter (PvP), 2) Leave the "harmless and intelligent beast" on the other side of the bridge (Unsummon it), 3) Heading back south with the bear and along the Trade Road.

As for question number 1:
From the Flaming Fist point of view, plotting a murder or a treason is not a crime according to the laws of the land. The key word is plotting, and naturally proceeding the plotting into an attempt is, a crime.

Anyhows, if someone has made public statements regarding wishes of your character's demise. I would first have a chat with them and try to convince them not to make the attempt. (The discussion taking place somewhere 'safe') And if they are not willing to forget their plans, ask them oocly if it is alright for your character to try assassinating them... and naturally proceed as listed with the assassination rules.
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"

"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
DM_TPK
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:13 pm
Location: behind you!!

Re: PvP Questions

Unread post by DM_TPK »

See the PvP guidline and scroll or search (CTRL+F) for "assassination."

Subject: PVP Rules and Guidelines (MUST READ)
TPK=Total Party Kill... I think many have already learned this.
Eldebryn
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Realms

Re: PvP Questions

Unread post by Eldebryn »

I should probably mention tbat this refers to drow/ud related situation. Bullets 3, 4 and the end of the 1st seem to answer my questions. I am also not trying to avoid this pvp, I find the rp behind it nice and i want it to be done properly should I initiate a fight because of such threats.
//Local Time = GMT+2
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
Eldebryn
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Realms

Re: PvP Questions

Unread post by Eldebryn »

Actually the end of the 1st bullet along with bullets 3 and 4 of the PvP rules seem to respond positively to both my questions.

I should also mention that we are talking about a situation related to drow in the Underdark, as well as that I, as a player, do not try to avoid a fight, as it seems a perfect fit considering the RP related to the situation. I just want to make sure I do it right and in accordance to the rules should my PC initiate a PvP regarding the matter, given the aforementioned conditions.
//Local Time = GMT+2
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate

Return to “Questions for DMs”