My name was changed earlier today by a DM for it being the same name from A Baulder's Gate game. The name I had was "Bodi" and it was changed due to a FR character named "Bodhi" http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Bodhi. My issue however is the spelling of the name is different and the other issue is that I'm not playing a female thats a vampire anyways, or anything along that line. I accepted the name change from the DM at the time it happened to avoid any problems, however now that i've had time to research it, I'd like it to be considered for my name to be changed back. It is a name i've used for many years and alot of friends that i play with genuinely call me it.
No Luna, his name was changed to something else, but it was a mistake. As in, Bodhi is the FR char, the name was Bodi, so it was mistaken and changed to something different all together.
"Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different?" - C.S. Lewis
Lanaya Gwentheloden - A Loyal, Wandering Soul Retired [DM] DarkAerial