DM DenimRogue
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
DM DenimRogue
The other DMs have covered most guidelines in their threads so I thought I'd just write up a few personal guidelines/preferences.
1. Have fun!
Ultimately, the name of the game is fun. I generally like to think of myself as a laidback DM. As such, OOC conflict is a big no-no. Be friendly, and if you have issues, tell a DM and do your best to avoid unfriendly OOC.
2. Player initiative!
I am big on player initiative. I am relying on you, the players to dictacte events and get things done. If you want to end an event abruptly at a certain point due to X roleplay, go for it! If you want to investigate further and extend an event due to X roleplay, go for it! Just keep me informed of what you're trying to do and I'll be happy to cater to it. Don't always expect success though, but I will always try my best to be fair.
2a. Requests.
Always feel free to send me any requests you might have, whether IG or on the forums. I'll do my best to get to you.
3. Don't be afraid to talk!
As long as you are polite, I would be happy to cater to any requests or questions. It doesn't hurt to ask or request something, even if you think it might be stupid. The worst that will happen is that I will tell you X isn't possible, but I won't think any less of you. Examples for this could be asking me for certain alignment shifts if you believe your character has done something you believe warrants it or if you believe I've forgotten something, such as an XP or gold reward (chances are I probably did if you think so).
3a. Don't be afraid to banter with me!
As a player, I've enjoyed bantering with DMs and developing a friendly relationship with them, regardless of whatever was happening IC at the time. So, don't be afraid to banter with me OOC just as you would any other players, so long as it's within reason and doesn't affect roleplay or the metagame. Also don't be afraid to give feedback on my DMing, whether good or bad.
4. Groups and good roleplay.
While I would be willing to do any request, catering for one character isn't as good a use of a DM's time as catering for a group. If you are requesting something or just in general, your chances of getting more attention from me in general are much higher if you are a group, rather than an individual. Bonuses are excellent roleplay and groups with a similar level range but by no means required.
I will be doing a purely OOC short and sharp record of my events here. Anything you would find out IC will be posted in the RP forums when relevant.
1. Have fun!
Ultimately, the name of the game is fun. I generally like to think of myself as a laidback DM. As such, OOC conflict is a big no-no. Be friendly, and if you have issues, tell a DM and do your best to avoid unfriendly OOC.
2. Player initiative!
I am big on player initiative. I am relying on you, the players to dictacte events and get things done. If you want to end an event abruptly at a certain point due to X roleplay, go for it! If you want to investigate further and extend an event due to X roleplay, go for it! Just keep me informed of what you're trying to do and I'll be happy to cater to it. Don't always expect success though, but I will always try my best to be fair.
2a. Requests.
Always feel free to send me any requests you might have, whether IG or on the forums. I'll do my best to get to you.
3. Don't be afraid to talk!
As long as you are polite, I would be happy to cater to any requests or questions. It doesn't hurt to ask or request something, even if you think it might be stupid. The worst that will happen is that I will tell you X isn't possible, but I won't think any less of you. Examples for this could be asking me for certain alignment shifts if you believe your character has done something you believe warrants it or if you believe I've forgotten something, such as an XP or gold reward (chances are I probably did if you think so).
3a. Don't be afraid to banter with me!
As a player, I've enjoyed bantering with DMs and developing a friendly relationship with them, regardless of whatever was happening IC at the time. So, don't be afraid to banter with me OOC just as you would any other players, so long as it's within reason and doesn't affect roleplay or the metagame. Also don't be afraid to give feedback on my DMing, whether good or bad.
4. Groups and good roleplay.
While I would be willing to do any request, catering for one character isn't as good a use of a DM's time as catering for a group. If you are requesting something or just in general, your chances of getting more attention from me in general are much higher if you are a group, rather than an individual. Bonuses are excellent roleplay and groups with a similar level range but by no means required.
I will be doing a purely OOC short and sharp record of my events here. Anything you would find out IC will be posted in the RP forums when relevant.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
An orc scout is discovered spying on a campfire and adventurers decide to allow the orc to leave safely. Shortly aftewards they are reprimanded by a Flaming Fist patrol.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A group of adventurers investigate a rising bandit lord whom is rumored to master a Djinn, an air genie.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A group of relatively inexperienced adventurers answer the plight of the Ilmater Sanctuary and vanquish a Loviataran crypt, seemingly out of the goodness of their hearts. (Low-level)
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A group of Underdarkers parley with some mindflayers known as 'The Three' and are persuaded to slay a rival Efreet in return for great material reward.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A group of otherwise campfire-idlers investigate aggressive attacks by the forces of nature but fail to find the source.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A beautiful shadow druid named Panawan belittles city dwellers, namely dwarves, at a campfire before promptly leaving.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A group of Underdarkers are sent by a strong willed and proud Duergar to slay 'The Three'; they fail to to slay 'The Three' but weaken their forces and are thusly rewarded.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
Aranath receives a task from Sir Jonas: to expel the undead presence of a recently overrun noble's manor.
Aranath gathers a group as suggested, including two Radiant Heart hopefuls and succeeds in cleansing the manor on behalf of the Order.
Aranath gathers a group as suggested, including two Radiant Heart hopefuls and succeeds in cleansing the manor on behalf of the Order.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
The Green Enclave convenes at a campfire near Candlekeep and are ambushed by knowing Batiri and Orog marauders before concluding their meeting.
Panawan is seen at the meeting and slips away unnoticed before its end.
Panawan is seen at the meeting and slips away unnoticed before its end.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A few inexperienced adventurers encounter greater resistance than usual at the graveyard of Baldur's Gate but they slay a skeletal warlord and the aggressiveness seems to die down considerably.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A contingent of 'Wind's Union' bandits surround the campfire outside the Friendly Arm Inn, demanding a large sum of gold. Tamina pays the toll for the entire campfire and the bandits promptly leave.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
A large group of drow raid, and are fought back by brave adventurers aided by an experienced Flaming Fist patrol.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
An air genasi girl with a pet wyvern is reprimanded by a Flaming Fist patrol who end up taking the wyvern as a 'gift'. Later, the wyvern bites the Battlecaster's head off before promptly flying off and the rest of the patrol are riddled dead with bolts moments later.
The bodies are cleaned up and a seargant of the Fist speaks with witnesses concerning the incident...
The bodies are cleaned up and a seargant of the Fist speaks with witnesses concerning the incident...
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke
-
DM denimRogue
- Posts: 72
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:56 am
Re: DM DenimRogue
Drow explorers encounter swarms of bats which eventuates in them slaying an insane goblin whom seemed to believe it was a bat.
[DM] Denim
[DM] Denim-suke
[DM] Denim-suke