I have a few questions about the dispelling spells.
1) The description says clearly that the caster can either target a specific creature OR an area. Currently you can only target an area and that may place yourself within the AoE. Is there a chance this can be changed to allow single targets as well?
2) Assuming the caster is in the AoE, is he supposed to be affected by his own dispelling? I tried it today and it had a little bizarre effect. It always dispelled my greater heroism (even though there should be about 50% chance of that happening) yet never dispelled any of my other buffs. What is the behaviour supposed to be and if something is wrong can it be fixed?
About Dispelling your self
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Eldebryn
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm
- Location: Somewhere in the Realms
About Dispelling your self
//Local Time = GMT+2
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: About Dispelling your self
We have talked about point 1.
There was some questioning though weather changing the spells targeting might screw up the AI usage of dispell magic, and I guess no one went and tested that.
There was some questioning though weather changing the spells targeting might screw up the AI usage of dispell magic, and I guess no one went and tested that.
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: About Dispelling your self
you cant target a single creature that is hostile? pretty sure i do it all the time with my dispels
and dispel magic is completely non bias, it doesnt care if you are in the AoE or not, its like casting cloudkill on yourself thinking the caster will be safe
and dispel magic is completely non bias, it doesnt care if you are in the AoE or not, its like casting cloudkill on yourself thinking the caster will be safe
everyone is evil till proven otherwise