What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Slaanesh the Wicked
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:27 pm
What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
Tell meeeeeeeee!!!! 
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
*approved for replies*
-
Blackman D
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 4818
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
- Location: IL
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
actual in game pic like the ones people will see when they are in you party or right click you and have you targeted?
those you arent suppose to do because it causes some kind of problem for DMs, mar3 knew what it was but i cant remember
those you arent suppose to do because it causes some kind of problem for DMs, mar3 knew what it was but i cant remember
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
-
Slaanesh the Wicked
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:27 pm
-
Slaanesh the Wicked
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:27 pm
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
Oh nevermind then.
-
Simian
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
- Location: On a Journey to the West
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
Dimensions must be 128x128, bitdepth 24 bits, save as TGA (targa) using no compression.
http://www.thieves-guild.net/forum/showthread.php?t=983
http://www.thieves-guild.net/forum/showthread.php?t=983
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
-
Slaanesh the Wicked
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:27 pm
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
Thx a bundle. I'll use that information when I'm... uhhh... playing a campaign! 
-
Eldebryn
- Posts: 253
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm
- Location: Somewhere in the Realms
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
I have the impression it causes lag, because these portaits have to be downloaded by anyone who enters the area where a custom portrait PC is.
So generally, they are avoided.
So generally, they are avoided.
//Local Time = GMT+2
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
-
Rask
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 512
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 pm
- Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
FYI though nobody will see the pic except you. Since it would require they all have it on their PC's
Rennec Rokranon, Chosen of Helm, Retired for now
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector and author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector and author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
-
Larzs
- Posts: 439
- Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:27 pm
- Location: A vast corn field
Re: What dimensions do I need to make a game portrait?
Yeah...I was told we can't do it. Also...it is pointless to make custom picture since they won't see it unless they have the picture as well. I had one I used for a long time, but changed back since we couldn't use them and no one could see it.