Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
LISA100595
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 5202
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm
Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
This pickpocketing is getting rediculous.... certain individuals.. and you know who you are.. pickpocketing in hostle areas while your fighting OR come up to you as you're at a vendor with windows open so you can't see them come up.. targeting new players... I myself.. as well as others are missing thousands of gold per day. Is there not a script in place to prevent this crappy behavior and PPing more than once per person or per day? Second question is how much at a time can they take?
This to me is griefing.
This to me is griefing.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
-
Gareut
- Posts: 470
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 2:17 pm
- Location: Unholy land of Finland
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Not more than 100 gold coins (Usually way less, something like 40 gold coins) and you cant steal more than twice per player/reset, right?
Infamous Captain Kalma Hellstorm - Gentleman of Fortune
On our pillage through the Sword Coast, We sail heartless under the flag of Piracy!
Krenal Vandree - The Black Wizards
I am them!
On our pillage through the Sword Coast, We sail heartless under the flag of Piracy!
Krenal Vandree - The Black Wizards
I am them!
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Hi Lisa.
It appears that we have it set so that you can only pp a player once per reset.
Unless that code is not working.
The max gold isn't that much either. Maybe a few hundred.
Unless the thieves guild or some group is running around pick pocketing en mass, you shouldn't be missing that much gold.
Our system is already clamped down anyhow because we had a lot of problems like this before.
It appears that we have it set so that you can only pp a player once per reset.
Unless that code is not working.
The max gold isn't that much either. Maybe a few hundred.
Unless the thieves guild or some group is running around pick pocketing en mass, you shouldn't be missing that much gold.
Our system is already clamped down anyhow because we had a lot of problems like this before.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
gfya1369 or Lisa, if it keeps happening over the next day or two, can you post back here.
Alternately I hope we don't have some kind of other bug draining gold.
Alternately I hope we don't have some kind of other bug draining gold.
-
LISA100595
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 5202
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Will do. I'm sorry for this being my first post. This is just very disheartening to have happen to new players (myself included). This certain person PP'd the entire party in the hostile area... Doesn't reflect favorably on the server.
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
-
Muttley
- Posts: 42
- Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 am
- Location: Cardiff
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
I thought I had lost a (large) amount of gold the other day. Couple of thousand maybe. I wasnt too sure at time so didnt report it. Im not too
bothered about loss of coin, but if its happened to others it might be something.
bothered about loss of coin, but if its happened to others it might be something.
Lockonnow wrote:Deers Friends of the sword coast you dont have to play all of the time the server will be there whan you sleep and work and think of how sexy it will be how to look at porn the server will be there
-
Silver
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:11 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
The Thieves' Guild does not pickpocket at all.Luna wrote:Unless the thieves guild or some group is running around pick pocketing en mass...
Silver and cold.
"Blood is bad for business, unless the business is blood."
"Blood is bad for business, unless the business is blood."
-
Broham2
- Posts: 542
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm
- Location: Iowa, USA
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
The script is working (if its supposed to only allow once per day, minimal gold). To me this script is a little overboard, but when we have folks like Lisa losing ‘thousands’ of gold a day, I guess its necessary, right? 
Formerly DM Mayhem
RL tough guy wrote:"Watch my picture. I am a RL tough guy, and I rip people like you to shreds"
-
Broham2
- Posts: 542
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm
- Location: Iowa, USA
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
The script is working (if its supposed to only allow once per day, minimal gold). To me this script is a little overboard, but when we have folks like Lisa losing ‘thousands’ of gold a day, I guess its necessary, right? 
Formerly DM Mayhem
RL tough guy wrote:"Watch my picture. I am a RL tough guy, and I rip people like you to shreds"
-
gfya1369
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 am
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
ok it happened again and from the same player. Grenoire picked Salaria's pocket while she hit a transition to another hostile area. Just like that. No rp which isn't too horrible, but he did it while she had no means to defend. Even if she got a warning message she was already in midst of transition. This guy is Griefing the heck out of people with this. I am raging pissed right now. He has been targeting us since we joined the server. I am so fed up with this. For the love of God will SOMETHING be done about this???
J.
ps. sorry I am really upset.
J.
ps. sorry I am really upset.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Mmmk, let turn the logging back on for PP *sigh*
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Can one of you re-ping this thread in a few days just in case I forget to check the logs.
-
kewell1000
- Posts: 16
- Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:55 am
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
How much gold did you loose?gfya1369 wrote:ok it happened again and from the same player. Grenoire picked Salaria's pocket while she hit a transition to another hostile area. Just like that. No rp which isn't too horrible, but he did it while she had no means to defend. Even if she got a warning message she was already in midst of transition. This guy is Griefing the heck out of people with this. I am raging pissed right now. He has been targeting us since we joined the server. I am so fed up with this. For the love of God will SOMETHING be done about this???
J.
ps. sorry I am really upset.
If a character can only PP from you once per reset and it's 40-60 gold then I really can't see the problem.
If someone is targeting you and your friends specificly you could just use the location widget (can't remember what it's called) an turn off your position. Then he will have little chance of finding you.
Still you should be able to survive loosing 50 gp every 8 hours. Two wolf pets and that's gained again.
Of course if it's more than 50 gp then there might be an issue.
I guess no person would like to get PP and that goes for our characters as well but it happends when there are thieves around.
But it should of course be within reason. But one PP attempt/succes per reset and 50-10 gp per PP is very fair. Perhaps even too strickt for the thieves but idk as I've never played one here.
Valkana Maijere
Jenna Valarious
Jaya Valen
Liliana Valen
Jenna Valarious
Jaya Valen
Liliana Valen
-
gfya1369
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:57 am
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Re-pinged.
and thank you
-
LISA100595
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 5202
- Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:23 pm
Re: Pickpocketing is getting Rediculous !!
Thank you everyone. Also (re-pinging for Luna) 
Lady Elvina Aira-S'efarro - The Order of the Silver Rose
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander
Salaria - Bounty Hunter half-sister of Darius Brothers
Angelina Northstar - Holy Warrior of Tyr / Knight of the Silver Rose
Matilda Stonehold - Honorable Sheild Dwarf
Loriah Swift - Morninglord of Lathander