Persistent Spell

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Zlaayer
Posts: 1155
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 am
Location: California

Persistent Spell

Unread post by Zlaayer »

I already mentioned this in another thread regarding feats, but in the interest of not starting a flame war I'm putting my request in this section. I vaguely remember Persistent Spell being taken out of the server a long time ago and I was curious what the reasons were? Is it because of AoE's that gum up the server like Grease? Are there some spells that the staff determined was overpowered for the server?

I would really like to see Persistent Spell back in the server if at all possible. If the problem is that some of the spells have been determined to be detrimental to the lag factor in the server perhaps they could be untagged in the .2da file (I don't even know if that's possible). The same goes for spells that the staff determines to be overpowered (haste was mentioned).

As mentioned before, I didn't want to start a long debate between forum members. I'd just like to know if this is possible, and if so, which spells would be enabled. Here is a list of spells that are marked as persistable in the .2da... http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Spe ... _Persisted

I'd like to see some of the less powerful spells enacted such as expeditious retreat, or maybe flame weapon. I put my trust in the staff's decision.
Durl'daerton - Drow Wizard
Attreus
- Knight Commander - Killed in Action
Luthian Black - Not your friend. (Retired)
Drakov Morcane - Red Wizard

Perception is reality.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Persistent Spell

Unread post by Luna »

I think for balance??
Maybe to many people with persistent haste to?

Return to “Questions for DMs”