Virtual Goods and NPCs
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
memoriesofprey
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 5:15 pm
- Location: Texas
Virtual Goods and NPCs
I was wondering if there was a process in place to have your character work at a job, set up distribution for a business, etc. For instance, I have Ralston Dash trying to sell several novels- would I contact the DM team to ask if it's okay that such-and-such establishment carried it as a sold item, or could he only roleplay selling it in person and through other PCs?
Ralston Dash - Ghost Writer, Connoisseur of Fine Foods, Student, and PHANTOM REPORTER.
-
Leo
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 am
Re: Virtual Goods and NPCs
I would definitely buy them. I must have at least one copy of each book. If you decide to RP it, could you put my character on your list as your first customer? I could even distribute them for you. I just imagine Kalma's face when i put a bunch of copies in his quarters.
-
Rask
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 512
- Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 pm
- Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Re: Virtual Goods and NPCs
As far as I know its very easy to add items to the server. If you made the books in the toolset and then asked the DM team with this request I could totally see it going into the game. Maybe you could even have a DM take an amount of gold from you in exchange for a bunch of books that you can then sell yourself.
Rennec Rokranon, Chosen of Helm, Retired for now
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector and author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
Isra Wynterborne, Necromancer Hunter
Rask, The Lich, Retired
S.Ravenpath, collector and author of tall tales.
Nathka Blacksand - Khazark of the Enclave
Richter Bedevere - The Reveler and enjoyer of fine wines
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: Virtual Goods and NPCs
You could RP having a stand somewhere perhaps ?
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
-
Gareut
- Posts: 470
- Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 2:17 pm
- Location: Unholy land of Finland
Re: Virtual Goods and NPCs
*The Captain loves the books and reading.*
Infamous Captain Kalma Hellstorm - Gentleman of Fortune
On our pillage through the Sword Coast, We sail heartless under the flag of Piracy!
Krenal Vandree - The Black Wizards
I am them!
On our pillage through the Sword Coast, We sail heartless under the flag of Piracy!
Krenal Vandree - The Black Wizards
I am them!
-
DM Protector
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm
Re: Virtual Goods and NPCs
The items could be created for you if you provided the text. I could have these items made for you to sell to players, though there would of course be costs to have the books made. 
[DM] Protector
Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
"The Big P"
Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
"The Big P"