I have a throwing axe, no enhancements and its cursed. I can't remove it or sell it. It doesn't appear to do any thing bad (no curse) just spams me saying I have discovered a cursed item, over and over again. Very annoying.
I have tried remove curse spell cast on me, a remove curse potion and nothing works.
Suggestions?
Thanks ahead of time for your help.
The monk with the bloodshot eyes
how can I remove a cursed item
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
Get a DM to remove it.
I will be putting up a fix tonight to so remove curse should work.
The last fix got botched up a bit.
I will be putting up a fix tonight to so remove curse should work.
The last fix got botched up a bit.
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
Remove Curse should be working as advertised again. The potion uses the same script I think so that now works as well.
-
BlueHero45
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 1208
- Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 12:48 am
- Location: PA
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
Remove Curse now works for me...granted i have now become alot more busy with the spell.
Rhys Feivra-Sun elf, wizard
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
Edgar Allan Poe
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
There are some pretty funny cursed items though, You may not even want to uncurse some of them.
-
dzidek1983
- Posts: 1248
- Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 am
- Location: Poland
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
the worst part of the bug was you could not even remove them from your inventory.. a cursed item was bound to your backpack :/
was a stupid place holder like a bunch of cursed potions i found
was a stupid place holder like a bunch of cursed potions i found
Hey, I just lost it, And this is crazy, But here's my login, So PM me, maybe?
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
There was even a strange NWN2 bug where you could sell the items in shops... while they were cursed. <_<
Turns out that NWN2 did not actually use the cursed item function and that it has some bugginess that needed fixes and workarounds.
NWN2 Remove Curse originally wasn't even coded to remove item curses, though I think it was in NWN1.
It no longer detracts from roleplay and fun? There's a few funny and useful curses you may encounter.
Turns out that NWN2 did not actually use the cursed item function and that it has some bugginess that needed fixes and workarounds.
NWN2 Remove Curse originally wasn't even coded to remove item curses, though I think it was in NWN1.
It no longer detracts from roleplay and fun? There's a few funny and useful curses you may encounter.
-
Leo
- Posts: 98
- Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:07 am
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
I found a cursed shield yesterday. The curse seemed to turn it into the regular heavy shield. Remove Curse worked for me but it may have been because I cast it via the scroll on the shield itself. I guess the OP assumed the spell didn't work when he he had it cast on himself by another person rather than directly on the item. All in all, it is a very interesting change and I would like it to stay. Especially if there are more than one variation of the curse.
-
PeeHell
- Posts: 115
- Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:56 pm
Re: how can I remove a cursed item
Yesterday, someone came to my character asking for help, to remove a cursed item, I casted the spell on him, the item was removable. Seems to work fine to me.
Daddy Lvl 1 !