Languages

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
Coreska
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Languages

Unread post by Coreska »

I made a Dwarf with 14 int, because I wanted to grab Draconic and Elven as languages. But those weren't listed - and I X'd out of the window. Is there a way to get the languages?
Karos Kerrigan - Animal Lover, Book Reader, Definitely Not A Warlock
Baelather Konian - Elf Dad of Elf Dad
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Languages

Unread post by Blackman D »

Coreska wrote:I made a Dwarf with 14 int, because I wanted to grab Draconic and Elven as languages. But those weren't listed - and I X'd out of the window. Is there a way to get the languages?
remake him and dont take the languages then get a DM to give the two you want to you (unless you didnt pick any listed and have two free slots still)
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
Eldebryn
Posts: 253
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 5:00 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Realms

Re: Languages

Unread post by Eldebryn »

Coreska wrote:I made a Dwarf with 14 int, because I wanted to grab Draconic and Elven as languages. But those weren't listed - and I X'd out of the window. Is there a way to get the languages?
I had the impression that the list you have on character creation is determined by your race, that's why you don't have Elven as a dwarf.

In order to access the rest of the languages one has to put up extra effort. In pnp that meant spending skill points, in nwn2 you get those by increasing your intelligence score as far as I know.
//Local Time = GMT+2
//Founder of The 7th Circle [Private forums]
Eldebryn Rilynghym Let the past crumble to dust. I have the Art... I, Magus...
Mage of Sshamath and teacher of the Art
Gaerdred Dawnfire Paladin of Torm, born and raised in Baldur's Gate
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Languages

Unread post by Blackman D »

yes it is

tho as long as you dont exceed the number of languages that should be granted by your natural INT mod DMs will help you if you need it for RP
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
User avatar
Coreska
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Languages

Unread post by Coreska »

Oh well, on the character now I still only have two languages, those being Common and Dwarven. So I should just be able to get them on that, right?
I can understand not having Elven but the Draconic is part of his backstory and why he's a Dragon Warrior.
Karos Kerrigan - Animal Lover, Book Reader, Definitely Not A Warlock
Baelather Konian - Elf Dad of Elf Dad
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Languages

Unread post by Blackman D »

yes you should be able to then, just ping a DM in game and ask them if one is available

i did the same thing with my drow warlock because its kinda silly being a warlock that doesnt speak infernal, tho the way she RPs it is she can understand it but cant speak it till she shifts into a devil :D
everyone is evil till proven otherwise
User avatar
Coreska
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: Languages

Unread post by Coreska »

Yep, Sammaster fixed it up real quick.
Problem resolved, and thanks to Sammaster.
Karos Kerrigan - Animal Lover, Book Reader, Definitely Not A Warlock
Baelather Konian - Elf Dad of Elf Dad
User avatar
Blackman D
Retired Staff
Posts: 4818
Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:43 am
Location: IL

Re: Languages

Unread post by Blackman D »

love that lich :D
everyone is evil till proven otherwise

Return to “Questions for DMs”