DM Rabid Badger's Events

Moderators: Moderator, DM

DM RabidBadger
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 pm

DM Rabid Badger's Events

Unread post by DM RabidBadger »

Image
The Badger's Event Guidelines


Rules



I don't believe in hand holding players through events. So please don't expect me to spoon feed anyone on what needs to be done and how it needs to be done. What I want you to do (and what will impress me) is to come up with your own ways of solving the problems I place before you, and to interact with the environment as you feel your character would.

Here are some central points that I feel are very important (Some of it is stolen from Protector) in which I must insist you take note of when you are interacting with me in one of my events:

The Golden Rule:
I expect players to treat each other civilly, even when they don't particularly like one another. Ideally we'll all get along, but even if some of us do not, player-to-player cruelty or harassment will absolutely not be tolerated by either myself or by the others on staff. Remember that this is a game, and we are all playing it to relax and enjoy ourselves: The moment things become too heated between players (as opposed to their characters), I will intervene. If you are at fault, you will not be happy with my intervention.


Creative Solutions Create Great Roleplay:
Roleplaying is collaborative storytelling, and I refuse to have my own storytelling hobbled by the limitations of a video game. I highly encourage you to interact to the situations I place before you with your own, creative, in-character solutions: If you wish to dive into the river to get away from someone -- do it. If you wish to cast a spell that isn't available to you in-game, but that exists in the D&D source material, and that your character has adequate cause to have access to -- do it. If you wish to climb a tree to get a better view of your surroundings -- do it (but be prepared to roll some strength, and, or, dexterity checks). In short, don't let the game stop your brain; approach everything as would your character.

Party Chat:
While in my events I ask that you keep to using party chat at all times. There will be situations where i'm up the path ahead preparing something for you and won't be there to see what you say if you don't use party chat.


OOC Chat/Comments:
Please refrain from talking OOC or making comments about the event until it's over. Comments about how the event went are appreciated but only after the event is over. I want to keep the immersion alive rather than see it dwindle away with OOC chatter. If you want to talk to someone about something happening in the event, please be respectful and keep it to tells.


Dice/Skill Rolls:
In my events, if you are going to be making a dice and/or skill roll, you need to tell me what it's for. A simple "*peers into the distance attempting to see anything*" is all I need to see so I understand what your character is trying to do and so that I can give you information based off your roll. When I ask you to make a roll it means you roll as you currently are. Don't buff yourself, change out gear, or get rid of negative effects. Disregarding that is highly frowned upon and will likely make me look else where the next time I go to run an event.

The "No Sleeping While Slaying" Law:
I ask that players do not rest during my events, except when I explicitly give you permission to do so. When I give you permission; I expect the party to set up watches and rest in shifts. Resting without permission will be punished with an experience penalty.


In Conclusion:
*The more you role play the heavier you will be rewarded, not just with xp but in the experience of the event as well.
*Move slowly, give me the time to respond to your emotes and rolls. Keep in mine a DM is always multitasking and not an instant responding program.
*My events are not usually just a hack and slash freefrawl. You will come to find I love traps and puzzles a lot more then monsters.
*Play your character sheet.
*Let the different classes in the party shine in their roles. Don't be afraid to let them do what they are really made for.
*Don't invite all your buddies oocly to an event once it has started. Nothing annoys me more then a sudden surge of people forcing their way into an event that wasn't intended for those that weren't there already. In addition to that please don't invite others to the party unless it is approved by the groups leader.
*Play fair and be respectful oocly and we should all get along and have a good time.

Return to “Archive”