Disappearing cloaks - pickpockets or bug?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

red october
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Disappearing cloaks - pickpockets or bug?

Unread post by red october »

Hello :)

I have twice had cloaks disappear right off my back from the cloak slot (one day they're equipped, then another day (or the next time I notice) I have no equipped cloak and it's not in my inventory. My question is : is this a bug or does pick pockets allow players to grab items right off your back? If it is the latter, no problem, but good to know.
If it is the former (bugged item disappearance) is there anything that can be done about it?

Cloaks lost : cloak of winter (+2 saves, some cold resist), then i replaced it with a cloak that gave +2 to saves, which has also disappeared.

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Ghengaal "Come little sapper.... release your purity into the world."
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Disappearing cloaks - pickpockets or bug?

Unread post by Passiflora »

You must take a screenshot when you lose an item that way.

It's not pickpocket but a bug that happens sometimes.
Go home and be a familly cat!
DM RabidBadger
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Disappearing cloaks - pickpockets or bug?

Unread post by DM RabidBadger »

Question: Are you changing the cloak appearances to a blank cloak? I believe that bugs them out when you do that.

**Note: I know I personally loose a lot of items myself so I've started screening all of my gear with their changed names and keep it in a separate folder. That way when you suddenly see in your combat log that you've lost the item you can send that screenie in along with the screenie of what that item is and send it in to us.

-Make sure your inventory isn't full. When logging into the server anything with a con stat is taken off and reequipped but if your inventory is full well, it's going to drop to the ground.

-Another tip... when changing the appearance of one item, go ahead and unequip everything else as well. On occasion that is where another item can be randomly eaten by the server.
red october
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Re: Disappearing cloaks - pickpockets or bug?

Unread post by red october »

This is all good advice.

I WAS changing its appearance to one that was invisible on me. It worked for a while (didn't destroy the item) for a good long time, but I suppose that finally caught up with me... twice.

Good to know!

Thanks for the tip,

red8ber
Ghengaal "Come little sapper.... release your purity into the world."
DM RabidBadger
Posts: 1225
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Disappearing cloaks - pickpockets or bug?

Unread post by DM RabidBadger »

You are welcome.

Return to “Questions for DMs”