Crafting a Crossbow.

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Greziz
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm

Crafting a Crossbow.

Unread post by Greziz »

A large part of my role play for my character Kerin Grahm is that she refuses to use a magical cross bow preferring to use her own hand crafted one. She was taught the trade by a dwarf so she tends to make them like a dwarf would. I was just wondering if it would be possible to some how hand over alot of materials and gems to a dm to get a custom looking crossbow or something very jewl studded and such. I have a tendancy to collect and buy out lots of sold gems too on the rp idea that I would be modifying my crossbow with nifty things like black mother of pearl to make the bow very sleek shiny and smooth and nice to feel with other gem studs for stark contrast and smaller bits as the sights etc. I am very new to this game but I love the roleplay. I am told this game lacks a crafting system of sorts and only able to make super magic items with super rare drops or something. Or should I just use a plain heavy crossbow and say it is Exquisite.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Crafting a Crossbow.

Unread post by Luna »

From an RP point of view probably.

But IG there are no xbow models like you would be looking for.
And I think all the one's that can be used are already in the appearance changer.
So there aren't any in reserve that can be unique for anyone.
User avatar
DM Protector
Posts: 1893
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm

Re: Crafting a Crossbow.

Unread post by DM Protector »

Such can usually be accomplished through an event or two to get you an item. Usually a request is sent in to the DM team via a private message in the form of an "event request". We then would discuss the feasibility of the event happening at which point, if granted, a DM would contact you to set up a time where both you and the DM could get together and have the event(s) ran.
[DM] Protector

Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.

"The Big P"

Return to “Questions for DMs”