Elemental Damage
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Side
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 pm
- Location: Michigan USA
Elemental Damage
Does additional elemental damage stack from different sources of the same or different type? Like from flame weapon and the dragon warriors extra damage?
Passiflora wrote: AS A DROW you will kill DUERGARS for like..... lvl 9 to 25. A DAMN LOT OF DUERGARS.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: Elemental Damage
I can't remember because it's not very often you come across this case.
But I think it does?
Ping molag or BMD. I bet they might know for sure.
But I think it does?
Ping molag or BMD. I bet they might know for sure.
-
Zlaayer
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 am
- Location: California
Re: Elemental Damage
The elemental damage from Darkling Weapon will stack with any elemental damage on a weapon, but it will change the VFX. Whatever kind of enchantment is placed upon the weapon last is what the VFX will appear as. So if you have a 1d6 flaming weapon and cast 1d4 cold damage from Darkling Weapon or Annointed Weapon, the damage will stack, but it will have the cold VFX.Side wrote:Does additional elemental damage stack from different sources of the same or different type? Like from flame weapon and the dragon warriors extra damage?
Durl'daerton - Drow Wizard
Attreus - Knight Commander - Killed in Action
Luthian Black - Not your friend. (Retired)
Drakov Morcane - Red Wizard
Attreus - Knight Commander - Killed in Action
Luthian Black - Not your friend. (Retired)
Drakov Morcane - Red Wizard
Perception is reality.
-
Zlaayer
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:49 am
- Location: California
Re: Elemental Damage
Also keep in mind that elemental damage does not multiply on a critical hit.
Durl'daerton - Drow Wizard
Attreus - Knight Commander - Killed in Action
Luthian Black - Not your friend. (Retired)
Drakov Morcane - Red Wizard
Attreus - Knight Commander - Killed in Action
Luthian Black - Not your friend. (Retired)
Drakov Morcane - Red Wizard
Perception is reality.
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: Elemental Damage
Elemental damage doesn't stack.
A 1d4 fire weapon with a flame weapon on it will do 1d8 fire only.
They don't get multiplied in crits either.
A 1d4 fire weapon with a flame weapon on it will do 1d8 fire only.
They don't get multiplied in crits either.
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
-
Simian
- Posts: 1439
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 am
- Location: On a Journey to the West
Re: Elemental Damage
However Physical damage does stack up.
For 1d4 piercing stacks with other sources of 1d4 piercing.
At least my slings with 1d4 and the Druidic spell Thorn Skin do.
For 1d4 piercing stacks with other sources of 1d4 piercing.
At least my slings with 1d4 and the Druidic spell Thorn Skin do.
"Qítiān Dàshèng (齊天大聖)"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
"I warrant your attention?! Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!"
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: Elemental Damage
Physical damage normally doesn't stack.
a +4 enh longsword is no different than a +4 enh longsword with 1d4 slashing.
Your sling has 1d4 piercing on top of the piercing damage from thorn skin ?
a +4 enh longsword is no different than a +4 enh longsword with 1d4 slashing.
Your sling has 1d4 piercing on top of the piercing damage from thorn skin ?
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..