Animal Companions in the UD

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Broham2
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm
Location: Iowa, USA

Animal Companions in the UD

Unread post by Broham2 »

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6
There are five more choices (Three for evil/Underdark and two for flavor)

Worg
Hellhound
Goblinoid (for UD and EVIL RACES)

These are listed as for the UD, which I think makes sense. However there are no Drow dieties that allow for the animal domain, which I think sucks.

Would you consider adding the animal domain to UD gods so that these companions can be used for their original intent, in the UD?

I understand Rangers can use them as well.. but what UD gods allow Rangers? Hmm.

A goblinoid slave makes great sense for a Drow priest/priestess, a spider for Lloth, a Hellhound for others.

Please update the domains. Thanks!
Formerly DM Mayhem
RL tough guy wrote:"Watch my picture. I am a RL tough guy, and I rip people like you to shreds"
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Animal Companions in the UD

Unread post by Passiflora »

Strangely, Lolth allows druids to worship her, by lore.

I'll open a thread about it, though, and see what the others think. I wouldn't be against it myself.
Go home and be a familly cat!
Broham2
Posts: 542
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 1:36 pm
Location: Iowa, USA

Re: Animal Companions in the UD

Unread post by Broham2 »

I just dont see any viable ways of using animal companions in the UD unless you worship surface gods, which is just stupid. They made the companions for the UD, yet you cant use them without running lore through the mud.
Formerly DM Mayhem
RL tough guy wrote:"Watch my picture. I am a RL tough guy, and I rip people like you to shreds"

Return to “Questions for DMs”