Well, the reason I said "specific item" was to hone in on the fact that something very specific like an immunity to mind spells item can pretty much make a will save unnecessary. That is lame, as you pointed out.c2k wrote:Damn... I guess +3 gear is next to go, because its the only way my fighter can survive.Egg Shen wrote: Needing a specific item to be a good build is probably a sign that the item is a bit too strong.![]()
I'm not really against seeing some of the immunity items going btw. Immunity to Mind Spells and Perma-Freedom of Movement is very lame. However, I don't think you need to witch hunt every immunity item in the game, because some of them are not so great. Immunity to Poison isn't so great for instance, because there comes a point where saves make diseases, poisons, and most spells obsolete.
And if immunity to poison items aren't that great, nobody will mind seeing them go, will they? They mentioned giving a similar item, if possible, without the immunity. . .
@ Blank, try not to panic. It's just stuff. Your character is still your character regardless of what gear they have, no? But I do agree that if there IS more to be aware of than just the immunity items, it'd be nice to know. Communication is always good, even if there is an uproar because of it.
PS - I'm sure you're not panicking, just a little jokey-joke.