Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Moderators: Moderator, DM
-
Keeing
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu May 28, 2009 9:20 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
A good call on removing the immunities. In this kind of setting they never should have existed.
But I can't but agree with the others that now casters have even more domination over plain fighters, barbarians, etc.
I expect to see a lot of new clerics/favored souls and druids in the future.
About the wipe, I'd go for it but only when all the rules are set and beta version is out. That would be good.
But I can't but agree with the others that now casters have even more domination over plain fighters, barbarians, etc.
I expect to see a lot of new clerics/favored souls and druids in the future.
About the wipe, I'd go for it but only when all the rules are set and beta version is out. That would be good.
-
FallzQuick
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:54 pm
- Location: USA, Oregon
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Yeah a wipe after the beta!!! I think is a must!Keeing wrote:A good call on removing the immunities. In this kind of setting they never should have existed.
But I can't but agree with the others that now casters have even more domination over plain fighters, barbarians, etc.
I expect to see a lot of new clerics/favored souls and druids in the future.
About the wipe, I'd go for it but only when all the rules are set and beta version is out. That would be good.
Ramir~Male Human Surface
Vine~Male Air Genasi Surface
Jers~Male Earth Genasi Surface
Yasha~Female Human Surface
Flax~Male Drow UD
Norian~Male Duerger UD
My Rogues you'll have to find: 2 Surface 2 UD
Vine~Male Air Genasi Surface
Jers~Male Earth Genasi Surface
Yasha~Female Human Surface
Flax~Male Drow UD
Norian~Male Duerger UD
My Rogues you'll have to find: 2 Surface 2 UD
-
Blank
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:16 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
I agree. After beta, a wipe should occur as many non-allowed items still be hovering around from god knows when during beta. Course XP should be refunded and gold should be given for people to rebuy their items.FallzQuick wrote:Yeah a wipe after the beta!!! I think is a must!Keeing wrote:A good call on removing the immunities. In this kind of setting they never should have existed.
But I can't but agree with the others that now casters have even more domination over plain fighters, barbarians, etc.
I expect to see a lot of new clerics/favored souls and druids in the future.
About the wipe, I'd go for it but only when all the rules are set and beta version is out. That would be good.
-
Chasted
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 6:48 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
What about those people who don't read the forums?Sir_Carnifex wrote:I thought of that. We should extend the time.all_distorted wrote:Question - what about players who due to being currently away and not playing are not able to hand over the said items within the next week?
((Oh yeah, I support server wipe. Refunding experience will be a good idea though. Heh))
Free French Fries? ...I wanted them to be curly
-
Flasmix
- Posts: 2504
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:22 am
- Location: Cult of Skebbeton HQ
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
I'd say refund xp to level 25 tops. Everybody who's level 30 did it by spamming quests.Chasted wrote: What about those people who don't read the forums?
((Oh yeah, I support server wipe. Refunding experience will be a good idea though. Heh))
Wirg to Pug: "Iz lat dun?"
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
Pugratix to a snarky militia man: "Mmmm. Not yet. I will live for hundreds of years and be heralded as one of the greatest forces of destruction on the face of the world. The only thing you can destroy is the outhouse."
-
Blank
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:16 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Aye. It's actually pretty unfair to the people who came after Beta 9 or slightly before Beta 9 (like me) that people spammed quests and got to epic in no time.Flasmix wrote:I'd say refund xp to level 25 tops. Everybody who's level 30 did it by spamming quests.Chasted wrote: What about those people who don't read the forums?
((Oh yeah, I support server wipe. Refunding experience will be a good idea though. Heh))
-
Sel
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:55 pm
- Location: Look in the shadows I might be there, on second thought you still won't see me.
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
My input:
1.) Extend the week to two for people who are not on or didnt get the noticed.
2.) Announce it in Shout
3.) No complaint here as long as I get my money!!
4.) Server Wipe? Hell naw some people took time and effort to get to where they at, and I dont mean the 2 week grinding quest spamming level 30 types. There are people to took time to create their persona.
1.) Extend the week to two for people who are not on or didnt get the noticed.
2.) Announce it in Shout
3.) No complaint here as long as I get my money!!
4.) Server Wipe? Hell naw some people took time and effort to get to where they at, and I dont mean the 2 week grinding quest spamming level 30 types. There are people to took time to create their persona.
Sel Darkmore
"Don't mistaken humbleness for weakness."
"Don't mistaken humbleness for weakness."
-
Chasted
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 6:48 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Plus it also allows you to fix those horrible mistakes you made 
Free French Fries? ...I wanted them to be curly
-
Gestaltwandler
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:11 pm
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
A vault wipe doesn't necessarily mean a server wipe as well. The idea is to remove illegal items not all the well developed characters out there. Besides, it's only an idea Bro2 suggested and possibly caustically too4.) Server Wipe? Hell naw some people took time and effort to get to where they at, and I dont mean the 2 week grinding quest spamming level 30 types. There are people to took time to create their persona.
-
Blank
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:16 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Who said you lose your persona?
You still keep your RP developments and MOST of your XP and it's for the greater good of the server.
You still keep your RP developments and MOST of your XP and it's for the greater good of the server.
-
lasdreem
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:30 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
funny how simple instructions with reason always turn into some major discussion with everbody misunderstanding everybody else.
*back to minding my business*

*back to minding my business*
-
Sel
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 9:55 pm
- Location: Look in the shadows I might be there, on second thought you still won't see me.
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Keep MOST of my XP?! I'll go crazy'r than a dog in a hubcap factory if done so! One DM already owe me XP and now we talking about losing some? NOPE NOT FOR THAT. TAKE MY IMMUNE ITEMS SO LONG AS I GET BACK MY MONEY! NOT MY XP. I DONT WANT TO REBUILD DID THAT ONCE ALREADY IT AINT FUN.Blank wrote:Who said you lose your persona?
You still keep your RP developments and MOST of your XP and it's for the greater good of the server.
MY TOON HAS HIS STRONG POINTS AND WEAKNESS FOR RP REASONS THAT WAS DEVELOPED.
Sel Darkmore
"Don't mistaken humbleness for weakness."
"Don't mistaken humbleness for weakness."
-
Blank
- Posts: 80
- Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:16 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
Can you swear on your life that you didn't quest more than you were supposed to before Beta 9?Sel wrote:Keep MOST of my XP?! I'll go crazy'r than a dog in a hubcap factory if done so! One DM already owe me XP and now we talking about losing some? NOPE NOT FOR THAT. TAKE MY IMMUNE ITEMS SO LONG AS I GET BACK MY MONEY! NOT MY XP. I DONT WANT TO REBUILD DID THAT ONCE ALREADY IT AINT FUN.Blank wrote:Who said you lose your persona?
You still keep your RP developments and MOST of your XP and it's for the greater good of the server.
MY TOON HAS HIS STRONG POINTS AND WEAKNESS FOR RP REASONS THAT WAS DEVELOPED.
Also you get your gold back.
If anything it's good for everyone to be able to rebuild their toons. No need for raging.
-
Chasted
- Posts: 225
- Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 6:48 am
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
You can get your characters experience back of course (Up to a certain level, maybe). The idea is that, with a "clean slate" everyone will have the same advantages as the other guy. Stormlords will all have the same power level, no-one will have persistent spell and so on.
Free French Fries? ...I wanted them to be curly
-
Gestaltwandler
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 2:11 pm
Re: Items to be removed! please read!!!!
I think we should stop derailing this thread anymore. This is about removing immunity items ONLY!
If you want to discuss the advantages of a vault/server/whatever wipe, please open the appropriate thread.
Up until now nothing like that is planned. There is no need to panic!
If you want to discuss the advantages of a vault/server/whatever wipe, please open the appropriate thread.
Up until now nothing like that is planned. There is no need to panic!