Any need for weapons or Items
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
steals the houses and places them on his dm creator menu/placables
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Yes, that's nice Fugue.. BUT!
I found a -lot- of contradicting styles for drow architecture. Team needs to decide on a style.
I found a -lot- of contradicting styles for drow architecture. Team needs to decide on a style.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Reposted here for posterity,
breteas wrote:Considering those stalagmites, I had a feeling just adding one additional placeable would be a rather big waste of time. So here's what I can do with that model:
I made that model in 3Dsmax in such a way, that I can make a "new" kind of stalagmite, or stalactite (All the same really.) in about 5 mins. The ones you see in the screenshot are made of a base model I made. I can skew, twirl, bend, scale, smooth, increase polygons, mesh edit, add holes and what not in a relatively short time.
Hmm. 1 sec![]()
The idea was to make an easily editable, 3Dsmax model, which can be made in to any columnlike formation in a matter of minutes. It could be a drow house, stalactite, Icicle, etc. I also made it so it can be used on both surface and UD areas. I did the same with texture. Made it so it is easily to be used on anything that has a structure like the pillar I made. I can make wall sections for example, using that texture, or a slightly modified version of it.
So here it is:Yep, that's why I made that model the way I did. I can cut it up in pieces easy enough as well.If possible, think modular.![]()
- I'll make a few out of one piece (For quick spamming).More specifically, we need stalactites, the ones that hang from ceilings.
- Some that are modular (3 sections, should give plenty of variety).
- I'll export them both hanging and standing, easy enough.
- Everthing I plan to make will be tintable. It's rather easy to make a tint map, and the benefit is great. No worries.None of the objects shown are tintable.
- Alright, next up: houses. Same story as the other model. I'll make one base model, that can be easily edited.I would like to see many more variations of the objects in that print screen. Note also the hovel like homes at the bottom.
- This can be done, however I need to figure out how. Since the things mentioned above are something I can do right now, I'll focus on that 1st?However, not sure if you can do this, but I wish there was a specific tileset for the insides of a Drow structure. It would be cave-like, but unnatural looking.
- Same story as the drow tileset.Things like the new sewer system could also use a more magical stone shaped feel vs. a Dwarf brick by brick feel.
Drow stuff it is then. All I'm thinking now is where to upload the new stuff really. I can have some models uploaded for testing by you guys right now. I'd really like to hear what you guys think of the models, and we also need to know if I am doing this right. Would be a shame if I spend hours making more models, only to find out I did one tiny thingy wrong.![]()
Anyways, get back to me soon. I'm itching here.![]()
Cheers,
Bre
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Stuck without a verdict. >.<
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Ah, I see you already posted. Oh wells.
Anyhow, great work Breteas. If I have time over the break I wanted to spend a little time perhaps making an area. I will probably test out all these new toys once you have them uploaded. Those Drow homes look pretty cool as well, especially the wall with window holes.
How difficult would it be to create modular like placeables that can be placed over stalactites, or walls, etc.. that would give the look of it being developed/inhabited. Sort of like that big center Drow home in the print screen I posted, with all those unnatural looking spikes, holes, etc..., except it all being one piece it would be many pieces made to look like one magically shape cave structure, the cave structure being a wall, column, stalactite, stalactite, etc..
Again, beautiful work thus far. Shame I am too busy to test this all out.
Anyhow, great work Breteas. If I have time over the break I wanted to spend a little time perhaps making an area. I will probably test out all these new toys once you have them uploaded. Those Drow homes look pretty cool as well, especially the wall with window holes.
How difficult would it be to create modular like placeables that can be placed over stalactites, or walls, etc.. that would give the look of it being developed/inhabited. Sort of like that big center Drow home in the print screen I posted, with all those unnatural looking spikes, holes, etc..., except it all being one piece it would be many pieces made to look like one magically shape cave structure, the cave structure being a wall, column, stalactite, stalactite, etc..
Again, beautiful work thus far. Shame I am too busy to test this all out.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Those are some great pictures of Drow cities, but the last one,
http://kismetrose.com/dnd/images/drow1600.jpg
http://www.artofhagan.com/images/DND_DrowCity.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/207
http://dreamworlds.ru/uploads/posts/200 ... 2_city.jpg
That last one being probably the most typical, but even more so for Sshamath as it was originally a very Lloth dominated society until the male Faern (wizards) took power. It would be PURE AWESOME if you could make the buildings actually glow like that, and tintable, PURE AWESOME! I may just spend all winter making cities if you could do that.
Again, that first picture, in my opinion, is not typical of Drow structures. Could they build something similar, yes, but those buildings they produce would most likely be built to reach the ceiling to prevent cave ins and also be a dwelling.... shit gotta go, will finish this later.
Those are some great pictures of Drow cities, but the last one, http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LP7ttS7niU4/S ... d+drow.jpg , is NO! It looks cool, but imo, it makes no sense. Could that have been built, perhaps, does it look cool, sure, but it makes zero sense. Why, tell me, why would any home in the UD have shingles on the roof? These pictures, in my personal opinion and from what I have read, make sense,breteas wrote:This is what I found so far:
http://kismetrose.com/dnd/images/drow1600.jpg
http://www.artofhagan.com/images/DND_DrowCity.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/ ... erlkir.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_LP7ttS7niU4/S ... d+drow.jpg
So.. Err. Curiously, most of the art I found was depicting scarcely clothed drow females.If anyone could tell me what specific style we are looking for in Drow architecture, that would be great.
Further links to more images would be appreciated. I need some referance material.
http://kismetrose.com/dnd/images/drow1600.jpg
http://www.artofhagan.com/images/DND_DrowCity.jpg
http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs49/f/2009/207
http://dreamworlds.ru/uploads/posts/200 ... 2_city.jpg
That last one being probably the most typical, but even more so for Sshamath as it was originally a very Lloth dominated society until the male Faern (wizards) took power. It would be PURE AWESOME if you could make the buildings actually glow like that, and tintable, PURE AWESOME! I may just spend all winter making cities if you could do that.
Again, that first picture, in my opinion, is not typical of Drow structures. Could they build something similar, yes, but those buildings they produce would most likely be built to reach the ceiling to prevent cave ins and also be a dwelling.... shit gotta go, will finish this later.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Aight. Thanks. I'll have a go at it.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Upload where??
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I'm keeping builders in mind, models have to be easy to use. No worries.Again, beautiful work thus far. Shame I am too busy to test this all out.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Btw, complaints of the game being slow cause of models, are void.
I can run the Game, the Toolset, Msn, Firefox, 3Dsmax, Notepad++, Gimp 2.6, Winamp, Windows explorer (twice)..
With -no- issues. On a 7+ year old computer. If I can do that, any player complaining should get client extension asap.
'Nuff said.
Period.
7!! year old computer.
7!!!
I can run the Game, the Toolset, Msn, Firefox, 3Dsmax, Notepad++, Gimp 2.6, Winamp, Windows explorer (twice)..
With -no- issues. On a 7+ year old computer. If I can do that, any player complaining should get client extension asap.
'Nuff said.
Period.
7!! year old computer.
7!!!
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
lol I can run it at max graphics too. It ain't pretty framerate wise.. But I do -not- crash.
Edit: I run it at 1920 x 1080.
So.
Get client. Run windowed.
Edit: I run it at 1920 x 1080.
So.
Get client. Run windowed.
