Bought armour I was auctioning and didn't get paid

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

BeefEater
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Bought armour I was auctioning and didn't get paid

Unread post by BeefEater »

Hello,

I was auctioning some Blue Dragon Full Plate +2 at the auctioneer in FAI earlier today. It hadn't sold by the time I logged in late this evening and I decided to purchase it back. I have done this before on another item and after I purchased the item, I clicked retrieve and was paid my money back.

So the price was 20,000 to buy the full plate I was auctioning off, which I paid when I bought it, but when I click retrieve I get nothing. I am hoping I can get the money back. I have asked for some DM help in game but they are either busy or not online. I have a screenshot that shows me paying the 20,000 gold, and having the armor in my inventory with very little gold left. I can send this and any other info as needed. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Bought armour I was auctioning and didn't get paid

Unread post by Luna »

Did you have your name changed recently, or your CD key?

I forgot what the 3rd thing the auction uses to track you.

But if you change that stuff you lose your items.
BeefEater
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Bought armour I was auctioning and didn't get paid

Unread post by BeefEater »

Nope,

using the same laptop, just at home now. When I put it up for auction I was at work...(shh don't tell the boss)
BeefEater
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:21 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

Re: Bought armour I was auctioning and didn't get paid

Unread post by BeefEater »

Also, I just remembered I was using different windows user accounts.

Does the auctioneer place a cookie or something in my user profile somewhere?

I wonder if I logon using my work account if the auctioneer will pay me. I will try it tomorrow.

Return to “Questions for DMs”