Any need for weapons or Items

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Well, it was coming along nicely.. Untill my new monitor emitted a small puff of smoke... :shock:

In anycase, once my monitor is fixed, I have an upload ready for the team to have a look at. I've made it in sections and added the glow. It should be pretty cool.

Maybe I can arrange a loaner somewhere. :?
c2k
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:29 pm

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by c2k »

Monitors are cheap these days. You could possibly find a decent HD one for under $200.
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Passiflora »

OR a real simple one for 10$. I'd sell ya one but you're a bit far, hehe.
Go home and be a familly cat!
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

I think you guys misunderstand. This -was- my new minitor that fried itself after only 3 weeks. :(

I'll be seeing about getting a replacement today. :?
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

You should stop looking at it. That way it should last longer
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Meh. At least I found a preview image on one of my back up drives.

Image

Left to right: Under "light" , "light 15m Orange" (Ring) , Darkvision.
I still need to tweak the glow effect on the textures, as well as work on a "blending" effect between the structure and the ground.

P.s: I've not got a new screen yet, I hope I can get one soon.
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Well, I've loaner monitor now. :shock:

I did lose some work, but I think I can have that upload ready by tommorow. Right now this is the stuff I have, I'll be adding the top section to it and have it uploaded somewhere so it can be tested.

As you can see from the image below, I've tried to mold the structure in to the rock. I've also made the model out of two seperate sections (See inset picture), so builders can put together varieties themselves since I plan on making more pieces to be used.
Image

Image
Ivan38Rus
Retired Staff
Posts: 1417
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by Ivan38Rus »

This looks nice...

*hugs Breteas heterosexually*
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Well, I could not finish top sections for the building today. I hope I can have them done tomorrow. ;)

Takes time folks, doing this. It does. 8-)
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Holy crap man! Those look awesome!

Love the normal maps on the bottom pics, it just adds so much more detail and depth. I hope you add normal maps to all the models. Is it your own texture work?

Keep it up and take your time, can't wait to get to see the rest of it. :)
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

*Rubs hands..* :shock:
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

*Rubs a little longer, unexpected issues...* :D
breteas
Posts: 1444
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by breteas »

Alright, it -still- needs some detail work, and cleaning up. It also needs collissions and walkmeshes set..

But!

Here's how it looks now:

Image

I'll be tweaking some parts of the model, altering textures slightly, and cutting it up in pieces for use in the toolset soon. After that, I'll make separate pieces that can connect to this one, inculding wall sections and varieties on top and bottom sections. In the end there should be plenty of pieces to make a lot of varieties in buildings.
mar3usmc
Retired Staff
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by mar3usmc »

*BIG HUGS!!!!* Nice Nice Work, will comment more later.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
shadedwonder
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 am

Re: Any need for weapons or Items

Unread post by shadedwonder »

Has anyone mentioned light shields and tower shields yet? It'd be awesome to keep several of the models that are already there but make more varieties of colors for each.
Bilal: Nice, unassuming merchant
Nashira Faine: WonderWoman-esque brawler
Donovan Gann: Brooding warrior
Valora Gann: Wild card with a big axe
Kaelia Klennen: Nerd/Weaponmaster (Staff)

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”