Before I mention this: I'll still enjoy the server just as much but there's something I've been wondering about for a while now.
I noticed that when my character's Armor Class is such that a monster would need to roll a 19 or 20 in order to land a blow, they somehow get more frequent critical hits. I've ran into situations where monsters have put together strings of critical hits, sometimes 3 or 4.
That being said... are the enemy's hit dice for attacks 100% random?
Hit: how random is random?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
shadedwonder
- Posts: 24
- Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:24 am
Hit: how random is random?
Bilal: Nice, unassuming merchant
Nashira Faine: WonderWoman-esque brawler
Donovan Gann: Brooding warrior
Valora Gann: Wild card with a big axe
Kaelia Klennen: Nerd/Weaponmaster (Staff)
Nashira Faine: WonderWoman-esque brawler
Donovan Gann: Brooding warrior
Valora Gann: Wild card with a big axe
Kaelia Klennen: Nerd/Weaponmaster (Staff)
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: Hit: how random is random?
The nwn2 game engine has rigged dice.
Nodnod
Jokes aside, it is random. But when you're a player and rely on your AC, sometimes it feels like they're rolling 19s and 20s constantly.
Nodnod
Jokes aside, it is random. But when you're a player and rely on your AC, sometimes it feels like they're rolling 19s and 20s constantly.
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
-
Ivan38Rus
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1417
- Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:44 pm
Re: Hit: how random is random?
It actually is rigged as of latest patch.
NPCs roll 20s more often. PCs roll 1s more often. Nothing can be done.
NPCs roll 20s more often. PCs roll 1s more often. Nothing can be done.