Any need for weapons or Items
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
@Shaded, You don't need a 3D modeller for that. All you need is an event, and a Dm willing to offer you custom (Looking) gear instead of xp/gold as a reward.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Uexpected issues with the glow map. I need a work around. Not sure when I have found a fix for it. 
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Yeah, spent some time trying to figure out what is causing it. I need to redo some models. No worries, I found an additional effect which makes it even better. 
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
If you are interested you could make placeables like different kinds of forges, magical forges, ore placeables of various kinds, raw materials, different types of workbenches. (say for creating traps, scribing scrolls etc..)
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
There are a lot of these already in the toolset Rasael, or are you wanting something a little different?Rasael wrote:If you are interested you could make placeables like different kinds of forges, magical forges, ore placeables of various kinds, raw materials, different types of workbenches. (say for creating traps, scribing scrolls etc..)
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I think doing those building models will keep me quite occupied for a while as well. Unless something comes up that is really needed to appear IG on a short notice.
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I ment more different varieties yesIAmDeathComeForThee wrote:There are a lot of these already in the toolset Rasael, or are you wanting something a little different?Rasael wrote:If you are interested you could make placeables like different kinds of forges, magical forges, ore placeables of various kinds, raw materials, different types of workbenches. (say for creating traps, scribing scrolls etc..)
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Are they tintable? If not, I -can- add a tint map and make small changes to existing models relatively quickly.
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
A lot of them aren't but I don't know from the top of my head.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Hmm. I'll have a quick look at them then.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Still at it. Just Sayin'. 
-
Rasael
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 8096
- Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Can't wait to see them in game!
-
tfunke
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 2305
- Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
- Location: Australia- GMT+10
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Hey Bre, sorry I didn't have long to chat the other night.
Just in answer to your question, you can rotate placeables within the toolset on the X axis, but not the Y axis. Hope that helps.
So basically, if you have many connectable parts to a building, us builders can move them around and fit them in place however would be best suited.

Just in answer to your question, you can rotate placeables within the toolset on the X axis, but not the Y axis. Hope that helps.
So basically, if you have many connectable parts to a building, us builders can move them around and fit them in place however would be best suited.
Per aspera ad astra
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Yeah, I know you can rotate. I was just wondering if you could do it with fixed amounts. Since my current set up requires you to rotate it -exactly- 60 degrees, to make the parts fit together.
I had a try attempting to put one building together, using loose pieces, and honestly, it wook me a while to get them to line up. However, once you got them lined up, you can switch out appearances and the alternate parts should line up automatically.
The building will consist of a lot of pieces though. I do not know if that matters. Currently, one building consist of 6 bottom pieces, 6 top pieces, and 6 pieces to add the glow. I'm not sure if that's what you guys are looking for. It allows for a lot of flexibility, but also puts extra load on setting a building up. We'll see. I can always alter the models if you don't like the current setup.
Keep you posted.
I had a try attempting to put one building together, using loose pieces, and honestly, it wook me a while to get them to line up. However, once you got them lined up, you can switch out appearances and the alternate parts should line up automatically.
The building will consist of a lot of pieces though. I do not know if that matters. Currently, one building consist of 6 bottom pieces, 6 top pieces, and 6 pieces to add the glow. I'm not sure if that's what you guys are looking for. It allows for a lot of flexibility, but also puts extra load on setting a building up. We'll see. I can always alter the models if you don't like the current setup.
Keep you posted.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Wow, that seems like a lot of extra work with that many pieces. But, like you said grants a lot of flexibility. Any chance you can do the package as you are now with those pieces, but add in some prefabbed buildings which are already put together, just to make say standard civilian filler buildings or what have you in the background? Say about 4 or five different prefabs? That would make things much easier for builders as lining that many objects up for just one building takes a lot of time in the building process, let alone having to make a whole city, which is the builder's ultimate nemesis (time).
And btw, easiest way to rotate objects is hold down shift and the right mouse button. Lining objects up that way is a breeze.
And btw, easiest way to rotate objects is hold down shift and the right mouse button. Lining objects up that way is a breeze.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.