If a player rolls intimidate or diplomacy to another character in an attempt to convince them or something or to scare them, is a counter roll, according to the rules of the server, technically required? I ask this because if I had a quarter for every time I've seen someone ignore an intimidate roll... well I'd have at least 30 cents. Most recently a companion of mine rolled intimidate to another PC, and he responded simply by saying "your silly tricks won't work on me!"
I've been putting Intimidate into my Thayan Knight's skill set, because I think that's a pretty important skill for a bodyguard to have. If all my intimidate rolls are going to be completely ignored, however, I simply don't see the point in the skill even existing.
Player to Player dice rolls
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
xUberdooMx
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am
Player to Player dice rolls
Thork Kurz FIGHT!
Cannaur Melagros Knight of the Baldur's Gate Thayan Enclave
Drell Firebeard Third of the feared, famed, Firebeard frothers
Cannaur Melagros Knight of the Baldur's Gate Thayan Enclave
Drell Firebeard Third of the feared, famed, Firebeard frothers
-
DM Protector
- Posts: 1893
- Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:51 pm
Re: Player to Player dice rolls
It is not required to respond to a roll unless asked to by a DM.
[DM] Protector
Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
"The Big P"
Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
"The Big P"
-
xUberdooMx
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:37 am
Re: Player to Player dice rolls
Understood, thank you.
Thork Kurz FIGHT!
Cannaur Melagros Knight of the Baldur's Gate Thayan Enclave
Drell Firebeard Third of the feared, famed, Firebeard frothers
Cannaur Melagros Knight of the Baldur's Gate Thayan Enclave
Drell Firebeard Third of the feared, famed, Firebeard frothers