Any need for weapons or Items
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
My last final is today, if the package is finished I would love to make a bunch of prefabs, like I did with the crystals, or the effects. I would rather not have breteas spending time on something we builders can do. As for 60 degree rotations, not sure. I think you can set something like that up in options for the mouse wheel perhaps. I can't recall off the top of my head.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
That's what I ment with changing appearance. Make a prefab base building, and switch appearance to swap out sections. Just copy paste the base model, was what I was thinking.
As for making "complete models" , that's not a problem for me. Simple merge action needed to make that happen, export and done.
It's the same with the glow pieces. I figured if I made that a seperate piece, you can alter the glow colour in the toolset, without much hassle. Some glow will still be "painted" on the wall sections it self, but I thought having the ability to choose the colours for the edges youselves would be cool.
I know it's taking a while guys, but all the sections need walkmeshes, collision boxes, naming conventions and object properties set. I know from experience it's better to do it right the 1st time. Backtracking to find issues is ussually a tedious and annoying process. (Like with the glow)
Btw, the seperate glow pieces might actually work as a nice "cap" to cover any slits that might appear from not correctly lining up. All the pieces use a moved pivot point, so they rotate around the center of the structure. (No need to move them to line them up, just rotate.)
Also making the sections in such a way, that I can easily convert them back to flat sections. To be used in straight walls, etc.
Takes a bit of time making a flexible setup, but once it's done, I should be able to create -new- pieces fairly easily. (Has one huge file with all the sections editable.)
As for making "complete models" , that's not a problem for me. Simple merge action needed to make that happen, export and done.
It's the same with the glow pieces. I figured if I made that a seperate piece, you can alter the glow colour in the toolset, without much hassle. Some glow will still be "painted" on the wall sections it self, but I thought having the ability to choose the colours for the edges youselves would be cool.
I know it's taking a while guys, but all the sections need walkmeshes, collision boxes, naming conventions and object properties set. I know from experience it's better to do it right the 1st time. Backtracking to find issues is ussually a tedious and annoying process. (Like with the glow)
Btw, the seperate glow pieces might actually work as a nice "cap" to cover any slits that might appear from not correctly lining up. All the pieces use a moved pivot point, so they rotate around the center of the structure. (No need to move them to line them up, just rotate.)
Also making the sections in such a way, that I can easily convert them back to flat sections. To be used in straight walls, etc.
Takes a bit of time making a flexible setup, but once it's done, I should be able to create -new- pieces fairly easily. (Has one huge file with all the sections editable.)
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Try not to make the walkmesh pieces into too many smaller pieces. You'll find out when trying to line any walkmeshes in the toolset they are near impossible. Be sure to try it for yourself first if you plan to do something like this.
Really, anything with a walkmesh should be one solid piece and not have to rely on another walkmesh object to be completed, otherwise you'll be in a world of hurt. I'm sure any builder here knows what I mean.
And don't worry about time, do it right the first time and don't rush yourself.
Really, anything with a walkmesh should be one solid piece and not have to rely on another walkmesh object to be completed, otherwise you'll be in a world of hurt. I'm sure any builder here knows what I mean.
And don't worry about time, do it right the first time and don't rush yourself.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
Keitan
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
there are only 2 tiny weapons, kukri and dagger. there should be more
weapons that small races can use as offhand weapon. Cant you make
the hammer a tiny weapon? Also its hard for small races to find
Cold Iron or Adamant weapons. I dont know a regular Shop where i
can buy Cold Iron or Adamant small or tiny weapons.
weapons that small races can use as offhand weapon. Cant you make
the hammer a tiny weapon? Also its hard for small races to find
Cold Iron or Adamant weapons. I dont know a regular Shop where i
can buy Cold Iron or Adamant small or tiny weapons.
-
mar3usmc
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 663
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:53 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Oh god, the things I have had to do to make walk meshes work. If any of the other builders have it on hand take a good look at the river rift area near one of the entrances. An entire cliff side there is completely custom done with placeables and walk mesh helpers. That.... took a while to get JUST right. Move one little thing, boom, it goes to crap.
So yea, like death said, you have to very very careful when dealing with many little walk meshes in a small area. The way the engine takes care of walk meshes it just doesn't like many little ones in a small area.
And I also echo to take your time, do it right the first time. Much less hassle in the long run.
So yea, like death said, you have to very very careful when dealing with many little walk meshes in a small area. The way the engine takes care of walk meshes it just doesn't like many little ones in a small area.
And I also echo to take your time, do it right the first time. Much less hassle in the long run.
I'm the guy that kills you by using your own greed and stupidity against you while making you laugh about it.
Enjoy!
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Right, i'll seriously test the walkmeshes before sending them to you then. The objects are not small btw. That tower is 60 feet high.
It used to be 90, but that was a bit much.
I'll find a way to make it work. I think I can have objects without walkmeshes all together as well. Having only one section generate it.
It used to be 90, but that was a bit much.
I'll find a way to make it work. I think I can have objects without walkmeshes all together as well. Having only one section generate it.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Hey bretas, do you happen to have the program Exportron? I'm going to be making a custom animation and need that for importing it into NWN2. Or what is it you use for importing, Tazpn 3ds importer/exporter? Not sure if that works for animations or not.. anyway, can't seem to find Exportron anywhere... 
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Expotron is used to import/export .MDB files into 3d software. I think currently only blender and 3dsmax are supported.
http://www.2shared.com/uploadComplete.j ... KnQpEGBhWW
Tutorial:
http://www.rwscreations.com/RWSForum/vi ... f=18&t=919
Uploaded it for you. Not sure what you would want it for though. I use the tool from within 3dsma 2010. If -you- have 8!?! I can sen animation files over to you for exporting!
http://www.2shared.com/uploadComplete.j ... KnQpEGBhWW
Tutorial:
http://www.rwscreations.com/RWSForum/vi ... f=18&t=919
Uploaded it for you. Not sure what you would want it for though. I use the tool from within 3dsma 2010. If -you- have 8!?! I can sen animation files over to you for exporting!
Last edited by breteas on Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Right on, thanks man. Im using a guide and apparently that is the only program that can export GR2 files which are nwn animation fiiles. Apparently tazpn's MDB Importer/Exporter imports them but wont export them...
Also, what 3D program do you use? I can not for the life of me get 3ds Max MDB Importer/Exporter to install into 3ds max 2008. I run the exe, select 3ds max 2008 as the component to install, and yet when I go to import I can choose the NWN file extension.
Also, what 3D program do you use? I can not for the life of me get 3ds Max MDB Importer/Exporter to install into 3ds max 2008. I run the exe, select 3ds max 2008 as the component to install, and yet when I go to import I can choose the NWN file extension.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Edited previous post. 
Edit:
P.s As far as I know, you need granny importer/exporter to make animations. It's all over the web how there is no version for 2010. Latest supported version is Max 8
Edit:
P.s As far as I know, you need granny importer/exporter to make animations. It's all over the web how there is no version for 2010. Latest supported version is Max 8
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
This is the tutorial I'm using. http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=NW ... tail&id=96
According to him, the only tool I need to import/export skeletons are tazpn's MDB Importer/Exporter for importing which also does granny files, and Exporton for exporting as tazpn's plugin apparently only exports MDBs.
I just can't even get tazpn's plugin to work in 2008 tho, that's the issue I'm fighting with now.
Anyway, I'll figure it out. Thanks for the Exportron link.
According to him, the only tool I need to import/export skeletons are tazpn's MDB Importer/Exporter for importing which also does granny files, and Exporton for exporting as tazpn's plugin apparently only exports MDBs.
I just can't even get tazpn's plugin to work in 2008 tho, that's the issue I'm fighting with now.
Anyway, I'll figure it out. Thanks for the Exportron link.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Checking it out. 
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I'll let you know what I think of that. Haven't read that yet. 
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Is there somewhere in 3dsmax you had to first enable tazpn's plugin? Or did it work automatically after the installation for you?
edit: both Eportron(Granny Run-Time) and tazpn's plugins show up in the export menu, but nothing in the import...
edit2: nvm, going to use the "Gr2 Skeleton and Animation Importer Plugin" provided in that link you gave. See how that goes.
edit3: Got it, "Gr2 Skeleton and Animation Importer Plugin" caused an error upon startup of 3dsmax, but manually installing an archived version of tazpn's plugin worked as opposed to his auto installer. yay!
edit: both Eportron(Granny Run-Time) and tazpn's plugins show up in the export menu, but nothing in the import...
edit2: nvm, going to use the "Gr2 Skeleton and Animation Importer Plugin" provided in that link you gave. See how that goes.
edit3: Got it, "Gr2 Skeleton and Animation Importer Plugin" caused an error upon startup of 3dsmax, but manually installing an archived version of tazpn's plugin worked as opposed to his auto installer. yay!
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.