Any need for weapons or Items
Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I'll try and install that on mine. Not sure if it will workfor 2010 though. Will let you know results tomorrow, got a mate over now.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Gah, well I'm having issues. I make a test animation, export it and get my GR2 file placing it in my override. But it wont do anything IG using a test my test convo, and when I try to import it back into 3dsmax, there is no skeleton animation or nothing. *frustrated*
I may just make a thread in the Bioware forums.
I may just make a thread in the Bioware forums.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
I got it! All I needed to do was restart the toolset after a new GR2 animation is added into the override for it to load up. That's not usually the case for VFX, but that's what it needed. Anyway, just created my first NWN2 custom animation! 
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Dude..
That means I can animate too. I can just upload to you for exporting.
That means I can animate too. I can just upload to you for exporting.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Totally man. 
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Actually, if you're wanting a little change of pace, I'm working on an animation project right now for a new feature going IG. But for one animation you need 8 variations as there are 4 race skeletons(human accounts for quite a few, hence why only 4) and a male and female version of each. I'll send you a PM a little later tonight with the details if you're up for helping me with a few. 
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Hmm. I still have my hands full with modelling, but you can pm me if you want. Sure.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
NP, I can manage. Just thought if you wanted something quick and a little different on the side. i'm almost finished anyway.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Hey bretas, I've got a model I'd like to get put IG but I'm having trouble with the texture file. I convert it to dds using gimp, but then get an error in 3ds and can't use it. It's original tga file works fine. Have this problem yourself?
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
stevebarracuda
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 849
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:25 am
- Location: The itchy, scratchy recesses of your mind.
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
PM me a link to the file, both the original and the one you're having issues with. I've converted some files for Ivan in the past, maybe I can help on this as well.IAmDeathComeForThee wrote:Hey bretas, I've got a model I'd like to get put IG but I'm having trouble with the texture file. I convert it to dds using gimp, but then get an error in 3ds and can't use it. It's original tga file works fine. Have this problem yourself?
As J.G. Ballard has said, "It's a mistake to hold back and refuse to accept one's own nature."
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Awesome man will do. I'm out for the rest of the night but I'll get em to you tomorrow. 
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Alright steve, I managed to convert my texture to DDS format without errors now. However, after exporting my MDB, creating a new 2da entry in placeables.2da, I cant find my model.
So, I decided to override an existing model just by copying it's file name to see if it would at least work that way. This, however, is what I get when I grab the placeable I've overwritten. What would be some known causes for this?
Each model needs both a Diffuse and Normal map for it to correctly show up IG correct? I have a feeling I never properly applied the normal map to the model...
Any help?

So, I decided to override an existing model just by copying it's file name to see if it would at least work that way. This, however, is what I get when I grab the placeable I've overwritten. What would be some known causes for this?
Each model needs both a Diffuse and Normal map for it to correctly show up IG correct? I have a feeling I never properly applied the normal map to the model...
Any help?

"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
stevebarracuda
- Recognized Donor
- Posts: 849
- Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:25 am
- Location: The itchy, scratchy recesses of your mind.
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
A bunch of that jargon I don't get, but it seems that your Square of Question Marks is not loading the graphic file properly...but you know this.IAmDeathComeForThee wrote:So, I decided to override an existing model just by copying it's file name to see if it would at least work that way. This, however, is what I get when I grab the placeable I've overwritten. What would be some known causes for this?
So now, the model and the texture are not working? Could it be that the texture corrupted the model, in whatever program you're using, since the texture wasn't "right" the first time?
As J.G. Ballard has said, "It's a mistake to hold back and refuse to accept one's own nature."
-
IAmDeathComeForThee
- Retired Staff
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
- Location: Canada
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Nah I know they aren't corrupt as they work fine in 3dsmax. In the tutorial I was using it said a model has to have a Diffuse texture map and a Normal texture map applied to the model as this is a requirement in the NWN2 game engine. Otherwise the object wont show or the toolset will crash. So I'm guessing it's something to do with this.
I can open both the texture dds file and normal map dds file just fine. Nothing seems to be corrupted with them. And all three files, 2 dds and one MDB file are in the override... So all seems fine to me...
edit: fixed! All is well.
I can open both the texture dds file and normal map dds file just fine. Nothing seems to be corrupted with them. And all three files, 2 dds and one MDB file are in the override... So all seems fine to me...
edit: fixed! All is well.
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
-
breteas
- Posts: 1444
- Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:15 am
Re: Any need for weapons or Items
Back, guys. Sorry for not letting know my absence. Holidays and all.
Steve, I'll have models out this week for testing. Texture pack will be included seperately with upcoming download. If you can make a bunch of alternates, or/and figure out a way for you to "see" how your textures will look on models that would be great.
Death, if you could provide an upload of the stuff you have done, I can have a look at it and see if our "versions" of 3Dsmax are compatible. I'll upload something for you to test too.
Steve, I'll have models out this week for testing. Texture pack will be included seperately with upcoming download. If you can make a bunch of alternates, or/and figure out a way for you to "see" how your textures will look on models that would be great.
Death, if you could provide an upload of the stuff you have done, I can have a look at it and see if our "versions" of 3Dsmax are compatible. I'll upload something for you to test too.