hello, me again,
today i felt like i got enough intel and preperation for big bones (dracolich).
sadly with all his immunities he had more HP then i got spells, and i am in meele as useless as can be. so what i did was jumping through the portal, resting and coming back to...settle the deal. now i'd like to know if that is seen as exploiting. i mean (obviously) i do not see it as that, but want to be sure about that here.
is rest-killing a boss exploiting?
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: is rest-killing a boss exploiting?
In hardcore settings it would be exploiting, because the dracolich would have more than enough Intelligence to rest and heal up once you left(Taking advantage of the AI); however I think you're okay because we as the dm team really don't have enough time to enforce such things.
A good fix to this could be a rest script for bosses on the case of players leaving battle but the dev team's pretty busy as well perhaps this could go on their to-do-list. It's a bit frowned upon though, if that's any clarification. Thank you for posting about this though.
A good fix to this could be a rest script for bosses on the case of players leaving battle but the dev team's pretty busy as well perhaps this could go on their to-do-list. It's a bit frowned upon though, if that's any clarification. Thank you for posting about this though.
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
-
DM Carebear
- Posts: 803
- Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:24 am
Re: is rest-killing a boss exploiting?
I see someone doing this... The big bad boss comes right after them.
DM Fugue wrote:My body/race is human but I have the soul of Elvis.
-
Passiflora
- Posts: 2230
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
- Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.
Re: is rest-killing a boss exploiting?
Same. Doing this and being caught might cost someone some XP.
Go home and be a familly cat!
-
DM Fugue
- Posts: 1112
- Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
- Location: The Fudge Land
Re: is rest-killing a boss exploiting?
Umm yeah if a DM sees you however, could be drastic.
Just best not to do it altogether.
Just best not to do it altogether.
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..