warlocks ranged touch attack

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

tooley1chris
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: missouri

warlocks ranged touch attack

Unread post by tooley1chris »

I usually play a warlock, and not a fey, un-soul bound lock but Eveeel. Anyway I've recently played my first sex based lock and have a 22 dex, but I also seem to be missing with ranged touch attacks, alot. A lot more that with my charisma based locks. Fighting 1 orc I missed my RTA like three out of four times. This happened a few times in that area. Ok, i havnt properly tested this or looked at the rolls as I had to log out but did something change with RTA, mabye due to RTA sneak attacks or daggercaster class? Just curious. Normally my toons have like a 14 dex and rarely miss. Pretty unusual.
This has "No Saving Throw" written all over it...
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: warlocks ranged touch attack

Unread post by Luna »

Those changes only affected damage. Well mainly dagger spell mage.

Sneak attack didn't change anything related to warlock.

No change to the chance to hit happened.
tooley1chris
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: missouri

Re: warlocks ranged touch attack

Unread post by tooley1chris »

Thanks for responding. I guess I just rolled really low a lot of times. LOL.
This has "No Saving Throw" written all over it...
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: warlocks ranged touch attack

Unread post by Passiflora »

tooley1chris wrote:I've recently played my first sex based lock
Huh? :lol:

Were you wearing a weapon in your hands when you missed?
Go home and be a familly cat!
tooley1chris
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: missouri

Re: warlocks ranged touch attack

Unread post by tooley1chris »

Sex based. Damn spell check. I was wearing a staff but doesn't that silly bug only pertain to ranged weapons?
This has "No Saving Throw" written all over it...
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: warlocks ranged touch attack

Unread post by Passiflora »

Pretty sure if a monster have the feat to evade arrows and you have any kind of weapon in hands, the feat works against ray spells and warlock blast.
Go home and be a familly cat!

Return to “Questions for DMs”