Bard spells

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

User avatar
RmmBR
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:56 am

Bard spells

Unread post by RmmBR »

Hey there, folks!

I've recently joined the server, so I'm not very used to the whole new pack of classes, feats, etc, but my question is about a character I'm playing with: Bard 4/Fighter 2/Dread Pirate 1

His Charisma equals 13, but he is not being able to cast his 2nd level spells

I reckon this might be a stupid mistake I didn't realize yet lol but still, I'd be glad if someone could help me out.

Thanks!
Keitan
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:22 am

Re: Bard spells

Unread post by Keitan »

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_progression
As you see in the link, at lvl 4 you can chose two lvl 2 spells, but spells
per day you have zero. With Cha 14you get one lvl 2 bonus spell per day.
So you need Bard lvl 5 or Bard lvl 4+Cha 14

edit: of course an item that grant bonus spell slots should also help
User avatar
Hoihe
Posts: 4719
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Re: Bard spells

Unread post by Hoihe »

Then Hoihe will need a +2 charisma item too, lucky this was posted. Thanks!
For life to be worth living, afterlife must retain individuality, personal identity and  memories without fail  - https://www.sageadvice.eu/do-elves-reta ... afterlife/
A character belongs only to their player, and only them. And only the player may decide what happens.
DM Fugue
Posts: 1112
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:39 am
Location: The Fudge Land

Re: Bard spells

Unread post by DM Fugue »

You get a 0 level 2 spell slot at lvl 4 bard. You need to have higher cha to have the extra spellslot to cast it. 13 is enough to cast it but you'll get 1 lvl 2 per day at lvl 5 bard.
And though I played the role,
I lost my soul, it's still within your heart.
It took a part of me, the heart of me..
To watch it fade away, It's over now..
Shades of blue and purple haunt me..
User avatar
RmmBR
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:56 am

Re: Bard spells

Unread post by RmmBR »

Huuhhh, that's something I didn't know, much appreciated, thanks!
gelatoghost
Posts: 99
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:39 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Bard spells

Unread post by gelatoghost »

http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Bard

Scroll down. On the right side of the graph: Spells Known, Spells Per Day.

Google is cool! Searching 'bard nwn2', 'dread pirate nwn2' etc. will tell you all you need to know.
Mas'vyl & Beltree Xarran - Active
Ceres Gysse'lylth - Active
Meric Marshellow - Shelved
Cassia Panima - Shelved.
Maeda - Shelved.

Return to “Questions for DMs”