assassin?

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

cobaldt
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm

assassin?

Unread post by cobaldt »

So I had a rogue toon. My last level I decided on making him to an assassin because I would get some spells at his first level, well, no spells are available to me. Could I get my last level changed if I cannot have spells as an assassin?
User avatar
Charraj
Posts: 2741
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Location: EST

Re: assassin?

Unread post by Charraj »

You get spells at level 2. See the table here: http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=58803#p58803
Molly Longshot - Wheeee!
Sempo - Former butler, wandering priest
Mara - Paladin of Jergal
Tabby - Hedge witch, former bandit
Charraj Cain - Mystran. Dead.
DM Mister Rogers - It's such a good feeling to know that we're lifelong friends.
cobaldt
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Re: assassin?

Unread post by cobaldt »

This chart states I get spells at level one though...
User avatar
Charraj
Posts: 2741
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Location: EST

Re: assassin?

Unread post by Charraj »

The new feats will be located in your character sheet under the feats tab.
You will have to drag them out to your hot bar to use them.

Also of note, temporary ability increases will not increase the number of spells you can cast (for example wearing a ring that provides +4 INT).
The number of spells you get is granted using your base ability modifier.
So for example if your an Assassin and your raw base Intelligence is 18, your modifier is +4.
That is what will be used for bonus spells.
Adding a ring that grants +4 INT making your total INT = 22, will not make your modifier +6 for bonus spells.
Molly Longshot - Wheeee!
Sempo - Former butler, wandering priest
Mara - Paladin of Jergal
Tabby - Hedge witch, former bandit
Charraj Cain - Mystran. Dead.
DM Mister Rogers - It's such a good feeling to know that we're lifelong friends.

Return to “Questions for DMs”