Developer Applications

For Those That Would Like to Help Keep Our Community Running

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
Lockonnow
Posts: 3121
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:10 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Lockonnow »

Where is this in the Forgotten realms Unien85? you do have some skills to play whith i wish i ware you hehe
Unien85
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Unien85 »

We got Marsh of Chelimber, Forgotten Forest, Sharptooth forest, The High moor, house of every kind, temples and even more. In a few days we will show you more screenshots about the areas, with written what the subject is in the forgotten realms.

I hope you'll find our work interesting. :)

Waiting to have good news, good night to you all.
tfunke
Retired Staff
Posts: 2305
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 9:09 pm
Location: Australia- GMT+10

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by tfunke »

Those screenshots look fantastic! Top notch!
I've sent you a PM Unien85, I'll be happy to take a look at what you have on offer.
Per aspera ad astra
Euge the Mage
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Euge the Mage »

Hi to everybody i'm Unien85's brother.
We also have few city areas, a lot of temples (the are my speciality :), the last three screen with the green light, but you have to see it as a player of course) and some exterior areas with a big building dominating all the scenery (Dragonspear Castle is an exemple).
My brother emphasize only his works and my beautiful areas become "temples and even more".

EHEHEHEH
Behold! The Sword of Power! Excalibur! Forged when the world was young, and bird and beast and flower were one with man, and death was but a dream!
tooley1chris
Posts: 538
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 3:16 pm
Location: missouri

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by tooley1chris »

Curious as to what cities/towns you have. Pics look pretty.
This has "No Saving Throw" written all over it...
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Eden »

Greetings from the almost-failed Italy (will the real estate bubble expand to Waterdeep?), I'm the third member of Unien85 and Euge's party (the divine one ;) )
As they've said, we have some interesting stuff to show you, coming from a shipwrecked attempt to create our own PW. Honestly, nowadays I got no time to start again with the toolset, anyway, even if i lost my areas since I get back to the mac, I hope they can find them in some old backup. Once found, I'll ask them to send you my maps too. I could be wrong - but areas probably are two villages, a mage's tower, a dungeon with corridors suspended in the air and a crypt as the ground floor, two consequent wood areas, a wasteland and something else that i do not remember.
Evidently, once sent you can check them and substitute placeables that you won't use, i mean, you can pick and choose the best ones and modify them as you wish.
I'll stay tuned for news, trying not to fail communication cause of the jet lag.
Cheers.

Ps. I already have ordered the game's mac version. Hope to start play as soon as possible.
Pps. Cleric's the way.
Remember them all it's just a game.
Eden
Recognized Donor
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:19 pm
Location: Look behind

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Eden »

Ok, some areas found: the wood, a village, Wang Lake, Darkhold. Maybe Corm Orp. Probably the Dungeon's lost. These will be sent with my buddies' areas, if you need some screenshots, please ask them.
I keep on searching the others.
Remember them all it's just a game.
Castano
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 am

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Castano »

Azuchi67
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Azuchi67 »

i'd like to apply for scripter while none of my work has ever been publ;ished (mostly coz the server was never launched) i have developed a basic ability and quite a few tricks for scripting.

heres a list of my favourites:

character race name changer
character model changer (from elf to balor! just an example :P)
character attributes changer (for example allowing folks to play grey elves (+4 int and -4 con :P)
transforming items- built form the bleach themed server i built, this is based off the zanpakuto releases, me and my scripter did fantastic work on this

first thign i would like to do is address the horrible save location system and modify the death system accoridngly.

i have a few ideas already which we can overhaul the existing system for

i also developed some skill with the blacksmith scripting so i can add a rudimentry crafting system given enough time
User avatar
gedweyignasia
Custom Content
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 pm
Location: EST/UTC-4

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by gedweyignasia »

I'd like to write some scripts over the winter for you. I don't have experience with NWScript, but I have a background in scientific programming, so math and numbers don't scare me.
IAmDeathComeForThee
Retired Staff
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 2:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by IAmDeathComeForThee »

Might want to contact Luna directly, and you can write him a few sample scripts or something to show him your capabilities. We could always use more scripters. :)
"good is never as good as it's supposed to be. Although evil is often every bit as bad." -Richard Lee Byers.
Shaskarra
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Shaskarra »

If you still need any help with scripting I can offer my abilities.

Experience wise, I've programmed C++ for nearly 20 years.

I have worked on MERP and Anchordeep (NWN1), custom scripts for lots of things like you have already on BG, some may be there but I haven't seen yet. Lots of custom spell scripting. Scripts for custom classes and races. Scripts for an in game crafting system.

Mainly lots of scripting.

I'm a bit out of practice but these things dont take me long to get to grips with again.

I did some area design but I know i'm not the best with that.

I did a fair bit of item, creature and spawns creation and used just about every part of the old toolset.

I dont have loads of free time, I work day times and have a metal band I play in, but I can offer my insights or my services creating.
Moric
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:14 am

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Moric »

I Actually have alot of experience with the toolset for area building...not so much script but the areas i am good with...was part of the DEV staff for silversun on the social side but the areas are epic!!!!!! let me know if you still need help
Axeidiot
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:31 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Axeidiot »

Hello guys. I have built quite a few areas before. But my main thing is i great with items. i always give them a back ground etc. if you need help pm me please. I really like too make items with lore behind them. Or that are area specfic
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: DEV Help Wanted

Unread post by Maecius »

PM sent.

Return to “Supporting BG:TSCC”