Infiltration

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Servin
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
Location: UK

Infiltration

Unread post by Servin »

We ARE doing permadeaths if a guild infiltrator/spy is caught, and the infiltrated guild calls for the permadeath.

In the event of metagaming issues, all players involved should of course have screenshots of the relevant RP. As a personal preference, I like screenshots to be accompanied by explanations of what the screenshots are supposed to show.
This is one of the dumb ones, but I need to know so I can stick to the rules. Basically I'm trying to start a group, but I don't want it to go into accidental infiltration. The question is:

What exactly do you consider as infiltration/spying?

I might pester you with more questions or just send you my group idea with a few more details than there will be in the post, if I am still in the dark and unsure, whether my group idea would comply with the rules.

P.S. I sent you guys a lovely (waffle... uhm... I mean...) Character Bio and have been advised to talk to a DM in-game about it (haven't done so yet, as I'm having difficulties getting Valge Kylm out of the game and finding a DM online at the same time :lol: ). I am actually not that bothered about the XP as much, as I am about plot hooks for my character.

Thank you in advance DM's for your answer (and I bet Luna will beat everyone else to it :lol: )
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me
Darkshard
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 am
Location: Soon to be Shadowfell

Re: Infiltration

Unread post by Darkshard »

From the permadeath rules:
1) Infiltration. If a character infiltrates a guild or faction at the behest of a third party or interest and is caught with damning evidence, then the infiltrated faction may request perma-death for the exposed infiltrator. This is still only applied at the discretion of the DM team.
There is no absolute definition of what constitutes infiltration, though 'intent' is generally part of it so I doubt you could do it accidentally. Most simply it is gaining membership in a guild to advance the interests of a third party.

If you have any doubts about your planned activities and what the consequences might be, feel free to PM me and ask.
Contact me on Aikura for loose ends.
Servin
Posts: 428
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Infiltration

Unread post by Servin »

Darkshard wrote: Most simply it is gaining membership in a guild to advance the interests of a third party.
I think I need to PM you just to be sure, but the answer might be just there in the quote above.
Cake is a lie, there are only donuts
Through donuts, I gain happiness
Through happiness, I gain calories
Through calories, i gain fat
Through fat, my chains are broken
The donuts shall free me

Return to “Questions for DMs”