A Form to "Request a DM" or "Event Assistance"

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

beneviolent
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:48 pm

A Form to "Request a DM" or "Event Assistance"

Unread post by beneviolent »

I suggest some form to standardize requests for DM assistance.

I posted followups to an event last week that had a dm attending. And across the following week I pushed the story and plot along. Turning the in game experience to the forum where more could share the story. Coming back to the story line for in game experience I endeavored to reach as many players and dm's as I could for the next step in the story as my PC would see things.

Yet, I failed. Perhaps my communication wasn't specific enough? I don't know. I thought it was.

Anyway, I learned alot from it and even had lots of fun 'flying blind RP'. I also learned because it had never occured to me, to realize something all dm's know and do - You can't ask another to stand in. My apologies to the DM I asked that of.

My thought though, is to have a formal way to present requests and events to the powers that be.

Regards,
bene


// edited to fix spelling typos, clarify communication!
Last edited by beneviolent on Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seldruin Lathlaeril, aboriginal elf
Elethineth Teu-Tel'Quessir, meditator
Darkshard
Posts: 769
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:07 am
Location: Soon to be Shadowfell

Re: A Form to "Request a DM" or "Event Assistance"

Unread post by Darkshard »

I don't think a "form" is necessary, nor standardisation because requests can vary a lot. The essential information is very uncomplicated. It usually just includes:

1) When the event is;
2) What the event is.

It also helps to provide a little background and give a rough number of participants.

If it is a follow-up to a previous DM event, it is best to approach that DM directly, or otherwise mention which DM was responsible in your request.

Of course, none of this guarantees than a DM will be able to help you. It depends on there being a DM who is interested and willing, able to make the specified time, and prepared to fight with her/his spouse to spend that time on the client. We will try our best though.
Contact me on Aikura for loose ends.

Return to “Questions for DMs”