So with the recent RP going on between the surface and the underdark I started to think about how the races react to the starting areas. For underdark races the surface would be about as inhospitable as the plane of shadow depending on the time of day/year, and the staff has made it's position about underdark races on the surface quite clear. The opposite, however, has not been as clear as far as my forum delving is concerned. Surface races are known to live in the underdark, and dark tunnels can be made more hospitable with spells of light. The population of Sshamath is even roughly 1% human, with other surface races being very rare but not unheard of.
So my question is this, what is the staff's position on surface race PCs making Sshamath their home? Obviously this would require an altered starting location, and I am completely sure the answer will be only NPCs have this right, but I'd rather get a resounding no than leave the question unasked.
A Question of Starting Locations
Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM
-
Side
- Posts: 238
- Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 pm
- Location: Michigan USA
A Question of Starting Locations
Passiflora wrote: AS A DROW you will kill DUERGARS for like..... lvl 9 to 25. A DAMN LOT OF DUERGARS.
-
Luna
- Retired Admin
- Posts: 7945
- Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm
Re: A Question of Starting Locations
It's up to the DM Team. I don't think this would bug me to much.