Question about weapon focus: unarmed strike and Druids

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Bulldog241
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:05 am

Question about weapon focus: unarmed strike and Druids

Unread post by Bulldog241 »

Hello DMs!! I have just discovered an issue that I hope can be resolved somehow.

Back in October I started a druid character, and I discovered that weapon focus: unarmed strike did NOT work on a druids wildshape, even though the server had listed it as one of the changes we made. Here is the thread:

http://www.bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20293

At the bottom of page 1 and on page 2 you'll see where I said I would de-level my character if this was how things where going to be (as I had just recently started it, it wouldn't be too big of a deal at the time). Then Rassel said that the change SHOULD have gone in, but didn't for some reason. He then put the change in. Here are some PM's between us:

http://www.bgtscc.net/ucp.php?i=pm&mode ... 0&p=129566

So back in October this was fixed, and was working just fine. Then around January I took a 6 month break, and I've been back on the server since June. Today I was talking with someone who said "weapon focus unarmed strike doesn't work on wildshapes." I went ahead and did the math on my character, and to my horror discovered that they where right!!! It no longer works on wildshapes!!

When was this change made? It had to of been in the 6 months I was gone. :( The problem is that I'm now lvl 26.

So my question is: If the change was undone, and this is permenant, would it be possible for a DM to take that feat away and give me something else? After all I was willing to de-level my character at the start to undo my own mistake, but was told by a DM to NOT do that. And then he made the custom change, it was approved by Luna and put in at which point I had assumed that the issue was closed. Please help!!
"I have no idea what weapons World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." ~Albert Einstein
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Question about weapon focus: unarmed strike and Druids

Unread post by Maecius »

One of the other DMs can correct me if I am wrong, but this was probably accidental. The fix was probably overwritten or broken in one of the subsequent updates.

I'll notify Luna of this thread, and hopefully the problem will be corrected if it was unintentional.

If it was intentional, it will be up to the Head DM as to whether we allow everyone who has the feat to swap it out for another, although this is not regular practice on BG:TSCC--so I would suggest that you not get your hopes up if this was an intentional change.

That being said, I would, again, guess that it was an accident and that some bit of coding somewhere simply needs to be corrected.

Return to “Questions for DMs”