Serious quest bug - Troll quest from Tanner

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Wrecks
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:51 am

Serious quest bug - Troll quest from Tanner

Unread post by Wrecks »

Hello!

I started playing again after about 8+ months of being away. I remember when I left before that my troll quest from the Tanner at candle keep was bugged. I am a half-orc and he asks me if I have the hides and I say something like "me no have hides". The problem is I dont have the troll quest to collect hides and he won't give me the quest because he thinks im on it. It's a catch 22. I had a DM reset my quests months ago and I remember it didn't fix the problem. Same message from the tanner when I speak to him. The other day I asked a DM to reset my quests and the tanner still thinks I am on the quest when I am not. Is there anyway to fix this bug? The troll quests are very important to me money wise and exp wise. I am always up North fighting the harder trolls. Is there a more extreme way to reset my quests? Is it a half-orc bug only? Can i be given troll hides to see if he will accept them and reset the quest? I'm willing to try anything. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Wrecks
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Serious quest bug - Troll quest from Tanner

Unread post by Luna »

It's flat out broken for half orcs right now.
I took an initial look at it a few weeks ago, but it was to complex for me to fix and test.
If I have time I will try to look at it again.

Return to “Questions for DMs”