Background. I am walking in the UD and meet a group of drow (I'm drow myself). All of the sudden one of them claims he gets mad (as in angry) and fires an earthquake (cleric) spell killing myself and their companion in the process.
There was no previous direct interaction between myself and them cleric.
I am a person that doesn't hold RP grudges IRL and upon leaving the scene invisible trying to make up for the lost RP, we exchanged tells. There was no rudeness nor any immature behaviour but civilised advice and chatter that they should get consent before doing PvP. Their response is that it wasn't PvP, they just got mad (of no reason, or at least I don't know it - maybe this is how their character is, I don't know, first time I saw them) and I was a wrong person in the wrong place for the rocks to fall on my head.
I wouldn't have reported them anyway as I prefer to warn about the rules than ask for their punishment (well unless they'd be surfacers in the UD
Who is right?
P.S. If you really want to know their character name, I will PM it on the condition, they won't get any repercussions because of the situation. They seemed genuine enough to convince me it is a misunderstanding. Well unless this happened before and they've already been cautioned.
('They' has been used to mask the gender)