House Sshamath

Asset Information and Discussion for Scripting, Area Design, and More

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, DM

Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

Here is a little starter idea I was kicking around.

Image
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

I just figured out my 4 different elevations I have planned for this and the multiple bridges that will be connecting like spider webs. GAH! So much work, but I think it will be so worth it in the end.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
nwnolan
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:31 pm
Location: Alpine, Utah

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by nwnolan »

That looks incredible Eviloth. Like I'm completely jealous of your skills and planning that went towards making this.
Bael'nimothi Dwinanea - Hate-driven favored soul of Shevarash [Surface] Build/Biography
Kel'lara Do'rret - Gallant bard of Eilistraee [UD] Build/Biography
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

Image
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
DM Galadriel
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:12 am

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by DM Galadriel »

I would personally try to make sure the walkways/streets are NOT very uniform. it should be a natural environment that is altered for population of a city. Not an environment BUILT to house that population.
Winding, broken streets. Many elevations with bridges. VERY crooked place.
In the place of a Dark Lord you would have a Queen! Not dark but beautiful and terrible as the Morn! Treacherous as the Seas! Stronger than the foundations of the Earth! All shall love me and despair!
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

I appreciate your tips, notice that there has been two pictures taken and uploaded so far. I have built honestly a ton of maps and this isn't even close to being done.

It is more so a progress for the viewer to see and enjoy and also a way to teach and show how to take maps in different stages.

Here is an example of some of my previous work:

Image

Image
Last edited by Eviloth on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Storm Munin
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:03 am
Location: Sweden, Alfheimar expat

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Storm Munin »

*restrained and sedated for attempting to whip Eviloth into working harder*

Love it.
"Drojal zhah obdoluth dorb'd streeak, Lueth dro zhah zhaunau dorb'd ogglin."
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.

PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

Hehehe thanks thanks guys. Right I am just throwing on objects without any real detail as of yet. I generally will mix/match/merge other placeables into each other to try and make new things as I call it the canabalization phase of my work.

When I used to build for another server(won't say the name), I used to teach others how to make prefabs for me for the UD plant life. Because for the longest time I was literally places like 2500 mushrooms, 500 rocks, 1500 cave plants all through out the maps. I was like, "OMG there needs to be a better way!" So much of the groups of plants are just prefabs my friend Evocati took the time to build.
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Storm Munin
Posts: 1355
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:03 am
Location: Sweden, Alfheimar expat

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Storm Munin »

As lovely as this place seem to become I am curious to one thing, sound?

Is anyone working on a soundfile for this?

I mean most of the server is pretty bland..then you enter Nashkel and your ears rejoice.
"Drojal zhah obdoluth dorb'd streeak, Lueth dro zhah zhaunau dorb'd ogglin."
"Existence is empty without chaos, Life is boring without enemies." So sayeth Lady Lolth, Queen of Chaos.

PC: Natalya, wandering enchantress.
User avatar
Rasael
Retired Staff
Posts: 8096
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 am
Location: Leiden, Netherlands

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Rasael »

nice :)
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

Image
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Stompguts15
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Stompguts15 »

It all looks great man! Quellar Sshamath is going to have a preaty awesome Quellar. Your doing a awesome job.

-Zau'ani Sshamath, Yathrin of Quellar Sshamath
-Vildor Sshamath, The neiborhood Assassin.
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

Image
Image
Image
Image
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

Image
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow
Eviloth
Posts: 353
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Location: Michigan, United States

Re: House Sshamath

Unread post by Eviloth »

I'll also ask staff if I can put an area within this map for mobs. That way it would be also a nice way to bring traffic to the exterior of the house's map for other reasons from both Loltholites and non-Loltholites. But let me first finish the exterior :)
"Seriously, the Maw?"Cazna Sshamath
"Dhaerrow, I will kill you then I am going to kill that little witch Yathrin you are leashed too.Le'alvath Greenbow

Return to “NWN2 Toolset Development”