DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Moderators: Moderator, DM

User avatar
TheZhentarim
Recognized Donor
Posts: 159
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:48 am

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by TheZhentarim »

DM Strahd wrote:
~Home, Part 2~


Characters Involved:
A Zhentarim cell's High Command
Their very special and powerful allies


Synopsis:
Following Chembryl's orders with zealous efficiency, the Zhentarim cell key members and their powerful allies managed to establish an advanced war camp right in view of Darkhold's high walls, fortifying a glade just short of the steep mountain on which top the castle is built, embedded in its very rock. Supply lines, previously regularly disrupted, have now been established as the road's control has been seized by the advancing army. With all the pieces in place (on both sides, as the attack will be two-pronged), the plan to retake the Citadel can finally proceed to its final stage...


Rewards/Penalties:XP reward, gold for the lvl 30 toons, a good surface location to start the siege from
I wish to underline the word special...
Nah, we love the drow regardless.


Adding a small adendum to inform everyone that the bgtscc.net forums are used to distribute illegal files of several kinds.
Last edited by TheZhentarim on Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

I have no doubt...keep up the appearances, if you want your fortress back :twisted:
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
Winddancer
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:49 am

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by Winddancer »

hey..they are drow.. what do you expect :)
Ithilwen: 'Emotion may choose the question; logic alone determines the answer.'

Aelthiriel: ' You fight like you sing. You never strike where your opponent expects the melody to go '
User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

I expect sparks when they interact with their paler friends...which punctually happens...I have an impressive foresight, if I do say so myself...*and no...do not contradict me...ever*
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Endgame, Part 1~


Characters Involved:
Several Circle Agents and two high ranked officers
House Sshamath's Envoys
A special "guest", in quality of expert (later)


Synopsis:
Two high profile members of the Circle and several other agents, as well as House Sshamath's representatives, have been seen moving out of Gloura's Wings and heading towards the School of Necromancy, following a hooded figure that might or might not have contacted them in the past (voices are contradictory on the matter, must be the hood...). Some swear the hooded man/woman was not even there, some say he/she was there all the time. Regardless, the meeting was held under the watch of the Death Knights and Necromancers of the School, and no one was allowed in, a clear sign the discussion was "top secret".


Rewards/Penalties:XP rewards, gold reward for lvl 30 players, a plan to execute
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Surprise~


Characters Involved:
A Zhentarim Dreadmaster of success and increasing reputaion
His ghostly dagger in the dark

Synopsis:
A rather important guest has shown up completely unexpectedly at the Temple of Bane. Further details are absolutely top secret.


Rewards/Penalties:XP rewards, gold reward for lvl 30 players, a quite interesting "exchange of views".
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Enemy Mine~


Characters Involved:
A quantity of House Sshamath members
Aspiring Temple servants
An unfortunate guest


Synopsis:
The Yath members, coming back from the Temple of Lolth, found a cloaked faern right outside the Spider's Kiss. They escorted him in, but no one has seen him come out, and several witnesses swear they heard explosions and clamor coming from the inside. The Spider's Kiss guards declared nothing was out of order to the Charnag officers asking, and also offered a tour of the establishment for confirmation, respectfully declined.


Rewards/Penalties:XP rewards, a strike of permadeath, redefined rules of engagement
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Playing with Fire~


Characters Involved:
A very sizeable Maw strike force


Synopsis:
A large combat force of suspected agents of the Baleful Maw entered the Oghrann Ruins and dwelled there for a few hours, finally making it back on the other side of the subterranean waterways in a hurry. It is said the fight was without quarter, the resistance heavy and the enemies endless. More details available only to few selected, daring explorers...


Rewards/Penalties:XP rewards, gold for the lvl 30, a better idea of what is to come
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Infiltration~


Characters Involved:
Two very, VERY sneaky fellows


Synopsis:
It is said that the Illithids are investigating a break-in into their Hive performed by unknown individuals for reasons yet to determine, as nothing has been stolen. Rumors want the Mind Flayers' Envoy asking even the Charnag Maelthra and other Sshamath's authorities for assistance in the investigation, but apparently their concerns have been dismissed as a Half Drow cat burglar has been captured, framed, and executed after her confession. Many details of this shady story, clearly, remain a mystery.


Rewards/Penalties:XP rewards, important developments
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Home, Part 3~


Characters Involved:
A Zhentarim elite strike force
Their powerful dark-skinned allies


Synopsis:
The siege is finally over, and the Zhentarim reclaimed their ancestral fortress, Darkhold, after brilliantly concluding a siege with an accurately planned surgical strike directed at the enemy command group. A new era approaches, with the balance in the North drastically shifting...
Fzoul Chembryl will be happy...or at least not angry (for a while...).


Rewards/Penalties:XP reward, gold for the lvl 30 toons, a brand new home
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~An Ancient Relic, an Old Enemy, a Shadow Path ~


Characters Involved:
Two EXTREMELY sneaky fellows


Synopsis:
Secret. No witnesses.


Rewards/Penalties:XP reward, RP flavor magic items.
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

User avatar
DM Strahd
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:16 pm
Location: Ravenloft, Barovia

Re: DM Strahd's Ghost Stories

Unread post by DM Strahd »

~Endgame, Part 2: Grand Finale~


Characters Involved:
A combined force (25ish players) of Circle, Maw and Temple (alphabetical order) agents.


Synopsis:
A huge battle took place in the Oghrann Halls, where the forces of Sshamath won at a great cost in blood against the combined might of the Cult of Talona and their allies. It is rumored the place is all but razed after the High Priest of the Mistress, Izral Xes'Vyr, summoned the Goddess' Avatar with his dying breath, forcing the heroes to confront such a formidable enemy.


Rewards/Penalties:XP rewards, gold reward for lvl 30 players, UD Campaign Finale.
Somebody told me I should do what they told me...
But there's a hole in that plan, and I'm tearing it down...

Return to “Archive”