Metagamed

Have a question to the staff? Post it here.

Moderators: DM Arkanis, Moderator, DM

Solivan
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:48 am

Metagamed

Unread post by Solivan »

-Edited by Passiflora.
3. If you have an issue with any other player or member of the staff OOC or ICly, do not post about it on the forums, instead use personal messages to solve it.
Simple enough. Being taken care in PMs.
Luna
Retired Admin
Posts: 7945
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Metagamed

Unread post by Luna »

I can look. It would be helpful if you PM me more information.
User avatar
Charraj
Posts: 2741
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:38 pm
Location: EST

Re: Metagamed

Unread post by Charraj »

http://bgtscc.net/viewtopic.php?p=132630#p132630
3. If you have an issue with any other player or member of the staff OOC or ICly, do not post about it on the forums, instead use personal messages to solve it.
:geek:
Molly Longshot - Wheeee!
Sempo - Former butler, wandering priest
Mara - Paladin of Jergal
Tabby - Hedge witch, former bandit
Charraj Cain - Mystran. Dead.
DM Mister Rogers - It's such a good feeling to know that we're lifelong friends.
Wolfshear
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:16 pm

Re: Metagamed

Unread post by Wolfshear »

I was there for that and while I cant comment on the metagaming as I was not involved in that part.

The reason your "friend" lost xp is because they continued to swear and argue oocly even after the dm had said not to...And there was prior warning that any more ooc comments would cause xp loss.

The dm was entirely fair and reasonable and not to mention patient throughout that entire situation and treated everyone equally. So calling out a dm for doing exactly what he was supposed to do is a bit of a cop out.

Dm's should not have to deal with that kinda bs in the first place.
Selengil -Irritable Elven Wizard
Arkos - Your not so friendly neighbourhood Tiefling
User avatar
Maecius
Retired Admin
Posts: 11639
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:24 pm

Re: Metagamed

Unread post by Maecius »

I am very sorry that your friend feels that my ruling on the matter was unfair. I assure you both that I do try to judge every situation by its own merits, and that I do try very hard to divorce myself of my biases as best as is humanly possible.

That being said, as I told your friend last night, my ruling is not necessarily the final one. If your friend feels that my ruling was unfair in any way they are very welcome to appeal to the DM team, or to TheVoid, or directly to Luna.

We are very fortunate to have an effective and thorough appellate process here on BG:TSCC, and it is highly encouraged that your friend take full advantage of it if he or she feels that I was being favoritist in any way.

Because this matter is a serious one, I will refrain from DMing further until the matter has been thoroughly investigated and I am given the go-ahead to get back on the DM Client by either Luna or the Head DM.

I, personally, do not regret my actions, nor will I, personally, recant my ruling. I feel the ruling was both appropriate and fair, given the situation. I hope, though, that you both realize it was not targeted in any way, and that I will consider this matter closed as soon as the investigation is over. I do not and will not bear anyone any malice over it -- and I earnestly do hope that your friend will still feel comfortable coming to me with his or her problems, even after this matter is resolved.

Again, I am very sorry that your friend was frustrated with my ruling, and even if it does mar their opinion of me, personally, I truly do hope that it will not spoil their enjoyment of this wonderful server.

EDIT: In the future, however, subjects like this should be taken to private messages, as Charraj is right to point out. The public forums is not the best place to discuss, nor to handle, disciplinary matters. I am fine with this remaining public, myself, only because I think it is helpful that all players be made more aware of the fact that they can get a DM ruling investigated like this (and possibly repealed) if they feel it is in any way unfair.
Molag__Bal
Posts: 2925
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Metagamed

Unread post by Molag__Bal »

From my experience, Maecius has been one of the least biased and most tolerant DM's that this server has had. Additionally, a 500 XP loss penalty is extremely lenient if there was indeed OOC arguing and swearing that continued after being asked to stop.

As far as the metagaming goes, that is something best sent to the DM team with screenshots as proof (as Charraj already mentioned). Metagaming can be difficult to prove, but if there is solid evidence I am sure that the DM team will take it seriously regardless of who was involved.
User avatar
Passiflora
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:47 pm
Location: In the land of dreams which never happens.

Re: Metagamed

Unread post by Passiflora »

A lot of good advices here. I'll close it.

For future references, people, please follow the forum rules. If you have a problem with a player, you either try to solve it with said player, if it doesn't work, you fill a complaint via PM to the DM group.

If you have a problem with a DM, you fill a complait to our head DM (TheVoid).
Go home and be a familly cat!

Return to “Questions for DMs”